cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot text out?

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I just reactivated my plan. I can receive and make calls. I can receive texts. However people are not receiving my texts. I have: reset network settings, cleared message cache, rebooted, reinstalled sim card. I am not blocked on their devices. I have also added a 1 in front of the number.

8 REPLIES 8

Hollister

@esjliv @softech 

Here is the update to my issue. Without any intervention I was able to send sms around 2:30 am. This leads me to believe that provisioning of my account had not been completed when I reactivated my plan just after midnight. The moral of the story for me is do not do anything to your account in the evening or early hours. When I joined PM, I also activated late in the evening and I did not receive the $10 credit into my account after 72 hours and my friend had no indication on his account that I used his referral code. 

@Hollister wrote:

@softech 

I have tried everything even another phone…same thing. I discovered that I can send mms and the people can receive the pictures but not text.

@Hollister - since you tried another phone, then I suspect your issue is connected to this problem we've seen since last week. Announcements says it is resolved, but I no sure...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Resolved-Service-Impacts/td-p/955119

When you contact CSA, can you confirm if your issue was this one, or was it a separate one?

@Hollister i have seem people with some text issue and only PM support can help to clear up.  I guess you need the ticket to them to sort it out 

Hollister

@softech 

I have tried everything even another phone…same thing. I discovered that I can send mms and the people can receive the pictures but not text.

@Hollister Moto G came with Google Message, right?

1. Open Messages by Google. Ensure you are on the page that lists different message threads with different contacts.
  2. Tap the three dots in the top right corner.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Chat features.
  5. Toggle off Enable chat features.

Hollister

@computergeek541 @softech 

I have a Moto G Play 2021. When I go to the message app and choose the 3 dots in the top right hand corner there is just the option to uninstall. I am not sure where else the RCS setting could be?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Hollister was that real text or iMesaage/RCS?  Check if it send when Mobile data enabled.

You have another phone to text the sim?  it can force a re-provision and might fix your issue.

I guess if nothing works, PM support will be your friend, open ticket with them

@Hollister wrote:

I just reactivated my plan. I can receive and make calls. I can receive texts. However people are not receiving my texts. I have: reset network settings, cleared message cache, rebooted, reinstalled sim card. I am not blocked on their devices. I have also added a 1 in front of the number.

if using an iPhone, ensure that the SMS option is enabled and also try disabling iMessage. If you're using Android, try disabling the RCS chat option.

Need Help? Let's chat.