cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive call

Nidaniangde
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Today. Something wrong with my two numbers. We can call out , but when others call me , it will go to voicemail box

8 REPLIES 8

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Nidaniangde 

Try these fixes:

• ensure airplane mode is not enabled
  • ensure do not disturb is not enabled
  • ensure the number calling you is not on a blocked senders list
  • disable any call-forwarding features/settings
  • turn off Bluetooth -- it's possible the 'ringing' is going through to a Bluetooth device instead of device's speakers
  • remove and reinsert your SIM card
  • reset network connections

@Nidaniangde wrote:

No text. I use Wi-Fi today 

@Nidaniangde - so, there is no texting in/out and also no incoming calls. But, outgoing calls work.

If you turn off wifi on your device, does data work?

Just to be clear, is the same thing happening on two Public Mobile phones?

And, when did these two account get activated?

When you call 611 or log into self serve does everything say Active? It should since you can call out...but just to check.

@Nidaniangde   you have 2 phones on PM, right ?  Just swap the 2 PM SIM card with each other.  This force a re-provisioning of both your accounts and it could resolve your issue.

Let us know how it goes

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JL9 wrote:

Is this something that happens to every customer at random? Seems to be seeing this a lot, I thought it just may be a porting issue but it looks like it goes beyond that.

@JL9 - one never knows, I suppose, unless some things are rule out first.

Troubleshooting is normally required to determine if the issue is related to issues being from: the device, SIM card, network, or PM account. 

Nidaniangde
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No text. I use Wi-Fi today 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Nidaniangde   other than voice calls, are you getting any text?  is data working?

Which area you are in ? did you check the Telus status page:

https://www.telus.com/en/nu/outages

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Is this something that happens to every customer at random? Seems to be seeing this a lot, I thought it just may be a porting issue but it looks like it goes beyond that.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Nidaniangde - this happened on TWO phones you have with Public Mobile? hum...well, if this happened to one I would suggest trying the following:

*ensure you do not have your DND (do not disturb settings) accidently turned on your device

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*perform a reset network settings on your device

*check your SIM in another working phone to see if calls come through

Since this seems to be happening to two phones also try:

*manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) for dropping or unable to make incoming/outgoing calls

Need Help? Let's chat.