cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot port number from Chatr - New Customer

ssfreaky
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I have ported my phone number recently and I can only dial out but cannot receive calls.

From what I read, I believe I have a failed port, who do I contact to have it fixed? My old line is already expired (from ChatR) so I'm afraid I'll loose my number.

Looking for some help please.

15 REPLIES 15

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @ssfreaky

I'm sorry about your port 😞 

Could you send me this info via private message? 

- Chatr phone number

- Public Mobile SIM card number

- Chatr account number

I will assist you! Thank you

**Edit: Whoops! I think that Shazia already took care of it Robot LOL

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

kayceedee
@ssfreaky your Chatr account is not "expired" if yesterday was the day you were supposed to top up with the monthly amount again. Your account is still active. It's just that you can't make any calls with that Chatr sim until you top up again. I'm in the same boat. With Chatr and ported my number over 4 days ago. Now I can only make calls out and data works but cannot receive calls or SMS.
You gotta wait for a moderator to help you with your porting. I've been waiting since Sat and nobody from PM so far has even read my messages I sent them. It's super frustrating. Good luck!

SP3CTRYS

Hmm try a reboot now that your CHATR sim is "Dead".

ssfreaky

Here's the current situation:

- Phone says Public Mobile - can call out, but can't receive calls

- ChatR account status is : Expired. There are a few dollars left as credit, but not enough to pay for a month's worth

- ChatR plan's supposed new cycle is today (just a coincidence).

- My old sim no longer works.

SP3CTRYS
Hmm, did you still have credit on that account when you swapped, or had it run out? Ideally, it would have been good to have credit on the account.

ssfreaky

@SP3CTRYS I went to Chatr and it says its expired. 😞

hereforthedeal

@SP3CTRYS, I'm actually with Cityfone but it is Rogers all the same. I appreciate your help with this, although I am really hoping one of the PM mods responds soon. 

SP3CTRYS

hmm, then sadly CHATR may be taking their sweet time releasing your number.

If your new PM plan has data in it make sure the APN is setup correctly. not likely to help with calling but, might aswell make sure that works too.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

wrong link sorry

hereforthedeal

@SP3CTRYS, I have several times (also airplane mode, removed SIM, etc.). It does not work, it was not ported fully yet. 

SP3CTRYS

Try, rebooting the device.

Also, you could try logining into your CHATR selfserve and see if it still active.

hereforthedeal

Actually, it shows up as the number ported for me, that was more than 48 hours for me. Be careful for users out there that are depending on their phone service, as I cannot recive inccoming calls still (greater than 48 hours later).

SP3CTRYS

When you dial out does it show up as your ported number or a temporary number?

If it shows up as the number you ported, then the port was successful and all you nee to do is wait, in some extreme cases up to 1 full 24 hour period.

ssfreaky

Thanks, I'll tag someone and give it a try.

Please help @Shazia_K

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

Hello! you defintiely need to contact the moderators, 1 of 2 ways for that.  And make sure you include this info below.  Some helpful links below as well.

1) If you recently ported your phone number and you are experiencing mixed services/porting issues – send us a private message and please include your Public Mobile phone # (if applicable), the number you wish to port, as well as theaccount number associated to your old service provider

1. Tagging: Simply tag one of the above Community mods by inserting their name in your topic or reply post. For example, if I wanted to tag Shazia, I would use @Shazia_K to contact her Please do not tag Moderators multiple times for one thread- it will not make them respond any faster. While it may take them 20-30 minutes to get back to you, they will be sure to do so.
  2. Private Messaging: You can do this by searching for the Community Moderator’s name or by clicking on the Community Moderator’s name or Avatar, then, on the right-side of their profile click on “Send this user a private message”

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

Need Help? Let's chat.