cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot port my phone number out of public mobile

Dmitrym0
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey folks,

Tried to port my public mobile number to Telus and getting an error.

This is what Telus customer support told me:

> ON my side is only says that Port was rejected by provider

Is there some automated protection turned on? I found references to something like this in 2022 but it goes nowhere now.

7 REPLIES 7

Dmitrym0

This is what is. I tried with IMEI a bunch of times, no luck. Telus rep tried with the account number, also no luck. But they must've made a mistake. I just tried it with Public account number and it worked immediately.

@Dmitrym0 

That is strange because PM is under the Telus umbrella.

Dmitrym0

I tried both IMEI and account number with Telus with no luck. Sent a PM to CS_Agent yesterday and nothing so far

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Dmitrym0  Did you give your PM account number, or the IMEI?  It seems with porting using the IMEI causes problems.  You probably would be best submitting a ticket with Public Mobile to find out what's going on, plus they can manually release the number if necessary.  Use the chat icon bottom right of this page.

Shah123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, this is ridiculous! I am having the same issue and my phone hasn't been working for two days and I can't fix it because I can't log into my account although they said they will provide access in up to 72 hours even though I provided all of the information. I am switching from Public Mobile today, although you need to be able to receive text messages so I can move my current phone number.

I HAVE NEVER HAD IT TAKE THIS LONG TO RESET A PASSWORD FOR A WEBSITE THAT HAS ZERO INFORMATION ON IT. PUBLIC MOBILE IS RIDICULOUS. They are owned by Telus and I think Telus makes it so difficult with this brand so that you are forced to pay the $40+ per month with Telus. The phone companies in Canada are such a Monopoly. 

Dmitrym0

My account with Public Mobile is still open. I did not receive any text messages. When I contacted Telus directly, they said they couldn't initiate phone number transfer because it was rejected by Public Mobile.

@Dmitrym0 wrote:

Tried to port my public mobile number to Telus and getting an error.

This is what Telus customer support told me:

> ON my side is only says that Port was rejected by provider

Is there some automated protection turned on? I found references to something like this in 2022 but it goes nowhere now.

Is your Public Mobile account still open and did you receive a text message from Public Mobile to approve the phone number transfer?

Need Help? Let's chat.