cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot port an existing number after activate

Patrick1188
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to port an existing number after activation first (on the same day). I am in the Change Number page, but after I selected the option "Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider". I got the error message "Unfortunately, this action cannot be performed. To transfer your number from another provider, please reach out to a moderator through our chat bot. To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link bit.ly/2GF1pHW and type in “port request”. This will put you in touch with our moderator team." Unfortunately, the chatbot is very frustrating to work with and not be able to help at all for this situation was not in it's design. Should I wait one day to try again or how can I get the help I need? Thanks! 

9 REPLIES 9

@sthwang 

You can port in a phone number through your account with the exception of pc mobility and koodo prepaid accounts that require moderators to transfer the phone number. Make sure you place your old providers sim card in the phone in order to recieve the porting authorization text and respond YES within 90 minutes of recieving it. Your port will complete within a few minutes up to 2 hours. Once complete your old providers sim will stop working and your account with them will be cancelled. Incoming calls to your pm sim card will commece once the port is completed.

Enter the full name on the account, phone # to be ported and the account #. The alternate phone # is not necessary but helpful if there is an issue and can be used as an additional identity verification for your account.

sthwang

Hi, Is this still an issue as of May 2021? Do I still need to go through SIMon for porting number after activation or is the self serve option open now?

@Melinda_H  Thank you for fixing it.

I just tested Simon and it's working as it should again.

Screenshot_20200825_174314.jpg

Melinda_H
Customer Support Agent

@Patrick1188 thanks for flagging this issue which we have now fixed. If you are still having issues porting your number, please retry entering "port request" in SIMon and it will put you in touch with a mod. 

Ribbitt

I'm having the same issue. SIMon was a disaster.  Basically I just kept clicking until it finally allowed me to contact a moderator for a totally unrelated issue. Then I replied with my port request once I saw the initial message in my sent history.

@popping wrote:

@Patrick1188 

PM back office developer changed the SIMon behavior.  The magic phrase used to let people to create support ticket. 

Oracles: Are we going back to recommend asking for moderator or human etc?

Create a moderator support ticket for help using this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/
Tell SIMon what is the issue (important) - Use the magic phrase "Port Request" and SIMon will give you contact us button to submit a ticket.

After submitted a ticket, members should check their private message SENT folder for their ticket which they just created.
If you cannot find your ticket in your SENT box, You did not create your support ticket yet. Also monitor your INBOX for any reply from moderator.
Click the envelop icon at the top right corner to access your private message mailbox.

@popping 

Is this some type of bad joke? I just went into SIMon to see what you mean, and SIMon just sends me in a endless loops of nonsense and proudly proclaims that you can't port from Public to Public when I asked nothing about that. I'm not really trying to port, but if long time users are running into this, how does Public Mobile expect new customers to be able to figure this out?  I do know how to bypass most of SIMon's runaround, but Public Mobile doesn't want people sharing those instructions with others. They've even added two extra step if you type in "rep", with SIMon now forcing you to click on "account specific question" and all that "human" stuff.  Over time, SIMon should be getting better an easier to use for the customer, not harder less helpful. Public Mobile doing everything possible to prevent a customer from actually opening a ticket might actually just make already upset customers more angry.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Patrick1188 , self serve porting continues to be offline.  You need to contact the moderator team to submit the port.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Patrick1188 

PM back office developer changed the SIMon behavior.  The magic phrase used to let people to create support ticket. 

Oracles: Are we going back to recommend asking for moderator or human etc?

Create a moderator support ticket for help using this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/
Tell SIMon what is the issue (important) - Use the magic phrase "Port Request" and SIMon will give you contact us button to submit a ticket.

After submitted a ticket, members should check their private message SENT folder for their ticket which they just created.
If you cannot find your ticket in your SENT box, You did not create your support ticket yet. Also monitor your INBOX for any reply from moderator.
Click the envelop icon at the top right corner to access your private message mailbox.

Need Help? Let's chat.