cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make local calls, tells me it's long distance

mikefradette
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I live in Whitehorse, Yukon (Northern territory of 35,000 people). I've recently started having issues with making local calls. I now get a recording telling me that I don't have long distance on my plan. I have tried calling locally (we use 7 digit dialing in the Yukon), I've tried 10 digit dialing, and finally prefixing the number with 1 + area code. None of these options work!

@CS_Agent 

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikefradette wrote:

The Yukon doesn't use 10 digit dialing for local calls, but as I mentioned in the original post, I tried 7 digit dialing (number), 10 digit dialing (area code + number), and even 11 (country code + area code + number).

When I suspended the phone and then resumed service, it took $150 of the $200 balance. But it appears I still cannot make or receive any calls.

Can you reproduce those two screen snips?

Another goofy trick that has been known to work is to manually add another $1 into your account.

Did you restart after the suspend/resume?

Restart after the $1 add if you do it.

mikefradette

The Yukon doesn't use 10 digit dialing for local calls, but as I mentioned in the original post, I tried 7 digit dialing (number), 10 digit dialing (area code + number), and even 11 (country code + area code + number).

When I suspended the phone and then resumed service, it took $150 of the $200 balance. But it appears I still cannot make or receive any calls.

Hicks023
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did you try dialing the area code before you enter the number you are calling?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mikefradette 

From the payment history, you have $150 to for your 90 days plan.  But somehow, PM did not take enoungh money from your account.

Your account status is active.  Try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan features.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is up to 48 hours. Good luck.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mikefradette We are not Moderator Team. Anything related to network problem, you have to contact the Moderators instead. You can simply click on the Envelop icon (private message) and send to "Moderator_Team" and explain your issues to them. They will reply your request within 2 days. 

mikefradette

Today was my auto payment, it says my account is active, but I have a balance still which is odd.

PM-account.PNGPM-payment.PNG

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@mikefradetteHave you check your online account to see if there is anything amiss? eg Used up all minutes etc?

Need Help? Let's chat.