cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make a payment for add-on

jcech
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I'm on a the $10 plan with autopayments, this works fine and the payments are deducted from my credit card every month.  I'm now trying to add an add-on and I keep getting an error when trying to pay for it with the same credit card that's in my account.  I've also tried to top-up my account by making a payment and I get the same error. It's been 3 days now and I know my card is working fine elsewhere.

Unable to process this transaction.
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

Anybody else having the same issue?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

@jcech  

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

jcech

I just tried replacing my credit card with the same card and I get the same error. I don't want to screw up my account now, I've had no issues for 2 years, I just want to buy an add-on.

How do I get this issue up to the moderators?

jcech

My renewal just came up last week and it went through without an issue.  My card info is correct so again not sure why I'm getting this error.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jcech  If you are still having problems just purchase a voucher from ding.com. Also note that if you can't make a payment via CC using selfserve more than likely your upcoming renewal will also fail and you account will get suspended so you need to submit a ticket to get the problem resolved.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jcech 

Did you try the "One Time Payment" on the Payment page?

1. restart your browser

2.  Login to youir self-serve account

3.  Select the Payment tab

4.  Click on the "One Time Payment" link

5.  Change Payment type to Other

6.  enter 1 to add $1

7. Submit

Report result.  

If you cannot add $1 to your account using your credit card on file, something wrong with your credit card info one file.  When was your last renewal payment using your autopay cc?

You can also use the Manage Credit Card link to replace it even you are replacing with the same credit card info.

Make sure the credit card address matches what is on your statement.
1. If you live in multi-unit building, don't use the unit # or apt#. Just use the building number.
2. If the postal code on your statement has a space in the middle, left the last digit out. PM check the first 6 characters of the postal code only including the middle space.

@jcech add the $20 to your account through 611. The remaining 15 will be applied to your next payment cycle renewal date. Or can be used to buy more add ons if needed. And buy the $5, 500 minute add on through your self service account. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jcech 

No...the $5 add-on is not on the 611 service for some unknown reason. I put it in my graphic for future considerations. Things move at a snails pace if at all around this place. Alas.

recharge.com has $5 vouchers. But they cost a small amount more than buying in store.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jcech wrote:

So I tried *611 and 2 things:

I tried the buy an add-on option and there was no option for the $5 - 500 min Canada option, which is what I'm trying to add.

So I tried to make a payment and the lowest amount available is $20. Unlike online, I cannot enter an amount,

Is there a minimum top-up $$ that I am not aware about?

@jcech   I've never personally used the 611 to pay or buy, but yes someone else also mentioned in another thread, that using 611 and topping with a CC requires a minimum payment of $20. 

You could try purchasing a lower value (sorry, I don't know the lowest available), voucher from a convenience, gas or retail store to add to your account via 611 for now?

jcech

So I tried *611 and 2 things:

I tried the buy an add-on option and there was no option for the $5 - 500 min Canada option, which is what I'm trying to add.

So I tried to make a payment and the lowest amount available is $20. Unlike online, I cannot enter an amount,

Is there a minimum top-up $$ that I am not aware about?

BTW, in the article you sent, there are 3 options for Long Distance which includes the Canada option, I was only given 2.

Thanks.

jcech

Tried 2 browsers on my PC and a mobile browser on my phone, nothing.

Will try the 611, thanks.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jcech wrote:

Hi,

I'm on a the $10 plan with autopayments, this works fine and the payments are deducted from my credit card every month.  I'm now trying to add an add-on and I keep getting an error when trying to pay for it with the same credit card that's in my account.  I've also tried to top-up my account by making a payment and I get the same error. It's been 3 days now and I know my card is working fine elsewhere.

Unable to process this transaction.
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

Anybody else having the same issue?

Thanks

@jcech   You shouldn't be having any problems but PM's website can be glitchy at times.  Have you tried clearing your cache/cookies and using a different browser with incognito/private mode? 

Edit:  @jcech  Also try dialling 611, you should be able to make a top up with your registered CC that way.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@jcech sometimes the site is finicky. Try clearing your browser history, going to private/ incognito mode and try again to add  the one time payment to buy the add on. Or you can try another browser. See article on buying add ons https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

Need Help? Let's chat.