cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get online

ming1710
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cannot get online inside the buildings, need to go outside, it’s ridiculous and frustrating 

9 REPLIES 9

jackbiden
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I understand your frustration with the situation. If you're experiencing difficulties with your mobile network's coverage indoors, here are a few steps you can try to improve your signal:

1. Check your phone settings: Ensure that your phone's cellular data and network settings are correctly configured. You can try toggling Airplane Mode on and off to reset the network connection.

2. Restart your phone: Sometimes a simple restart can help resolve network connectivity issues.

3. Move to a window or open area: If possible, try moving closer to a window or go outside to see if you can get a stronger signal. Buildings and other obstacles can interfere with cellular signals, so being in a more open area may help.

4. Contact your mobile network operator: Public Mobile, as your service provider, should be able to provide guidance and assistance. Although you mentioned difficulties reaching them, I encourage you to keep trying. You may want to visit their website to explore different support options, such as email or chat support. Consider reaching out to them during their business hours to increase the chances of getting in touch with a representative.

5. Consider Wi-Fi calling: If you have access to a reliable Wi-Fi network, you can check if your phone supports Wi-Fi calling. This feature allows you to make and receive calls and text messages over Wi-Fi, which can be helpful if your cellular signal is weak indoors.

Remember, these are general suggestions, and the effectiveness may vary depending on your specific situation. It's best to contact Public Mobile directly to address your concerns and seek further assistance.

When you are in these buildings, @ming1710 , does your device try to connect to any 'free wifi' connections which may be saved on the device?

If so, and you are trying to utilize data for browsing, turn off the wifi switch and rely on data as free wifi is terribly slow...

ming1710

It was not like this before, but it has only happened in the past few months. I have upgraded the plan, but it still doesn’t work

@ming1710  

what brand and model of your phone?

ming1710

not only my building, any buildings, like retail stores, restaurants, shopping malls 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ming1710 

Are you on 5G? This is common if your phone is on 5G.

Try resetting the network setting and switching to 4G/LTE.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ming1710  I find that happens to me in big department stores like Walmart and Costco 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ming1710 

You could try the SIM card in a different device to see if problem is the same.   You could also consider an extender to use to the outside for better signal strength.   (LOL.... probably could have added that to the same post i already posted... )

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ming1710 

That's entirely normal.

Worse in below-ground locations or concrete/steel structures.   I, personally, am in a concrete structure for very short parts of my day and the signal is non-existent.

Blame it on the mobile frequencies being used.   

Again, very typical.

Need Help? Let's chat.