cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to Public Mobile network

lewallen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dear Public Mobile: I recently activated my new public mobile account; payment has been verified, and the account is in good standing.  I inserted the SIM into an iPhone X, and i cannot get any service. The phone displays "Public Mobile"; I have manually selected the public mobile network in "Cellular" and carrier coverage, but the phone doesnt connect to network.  I  restarted and followed all of the steps. Please help me connect to the network, thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

lewallen

thanks for your help - working directly with the agent now!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@lewallen 

You have an iPhone. First connect to wifi and check for any software updates. Then you need to connect to iTunes and update your carrier profile. You will be prompted to sign in with your Apple ID at some point and you should be good to go....lol...ok I went and looked to be sure....

. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
6. Disconnect and restart.

Above courtesy of @softech since I am strictly an android user. However you may find this thread courtesy of @CalgaryBen a very informative read for Apple device users.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/323118#M162906

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@lewallen wrote:

Dear Public Mobile: I recently activated my new public mobile account; payment has been verified, and the account is in good standing.  I inserted the SIM into an iPhone X, and i cannot get any service. The phone displays "Public Mobile"; I have manually selected the public mobile network in "Cellular" and carrier coverage, but the phone doesnt connect to network.  I  restarted and followed all of the steps. Please help me connect to the network, thank you!

@lewallen  to rule out a phone or SIM/account issue, can you try your SIM card into another compatible phone?

Reboot the phone with the SIM card inside, performing a reset of the network settings is a good thing to do on a new activation or change of phone.

Does it work in another phone?

Other things to ensure when porting or changing phones:

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

IF still issues, ask Customer Support to check your account; 2 methods to reach them here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lewallen 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
for iphone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

APN Settings On An IPhone click Here link, 

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone,

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

try to check update your device,

you can try to test your SIM card in another device to you know the issue from SIM card network or your device issue.

if you can't fix it you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to them can solve, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent,

• send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

Verify your identity (publicmobile.ca)

lewallen

THANKS - so far nothing is working, manual, automatic or otherwise. I need help diredctly from customer support, thanks

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@lewallen , you should not have to manually connect to the network.  Have you tried a network reset to see if that helps.  

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201415#:~:text=Reset%20your%20Network%20Settings.,that%20you've%20....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you go into About phone and check for updates.

Edit to add:

If you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent and explain your issue to
them and they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team, they will help you 100%.

Only they will do this for you.

Here's How To Contact Customer Support Agent,

• send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking Here,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will respond to your inbox by private message
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours. Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile has no Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agent in private message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.