cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot confirm identity

New_2024
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My son received his Public Mobile SIM card and got a new phone number. We are stuck at Confirm Identity with his phone number for he never received the text with the code. I tried to text and call his new number but no lucky didn’t go through and neither can he do the same with his phone to reach me. There is no options in the Resend Code to send to email address.  It is so frustrating as it shouldn’t be that difficult to setup. I am a Public Mobile customer for over 4 years and don’t remember having so much difficulties. Could it be a setting on his phone preventing the activation???

6 REPLIES 6

teemotee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the exact same problem, the agent suggested it was the sim card that was not well installed, he was right! When I put the sim card the right way (pushed in completely) on the top left corner of my screen appeared public mobile

@New_2024  Don’t answer angry here with personal info this is open forum the agent should  only contact you private message 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello there, and thanks for visiting our community forum.

The community is a great way of searching for answers and help from our customers, however if you still need assistance, and you have reached out through a private message, we kindly ask to keep an eye on your community inbox.

Our customer support team will get in touch as soon as possible.

Public Mobile Team.

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@New_2024  - That might be an issue on Public Mobile's side that only agents can reach. 

⬇️ Click the link for an Agent ⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@New_2024 

you were using app to try to login?

if so, also try these workarounds and it could open up the email option to receive code

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If none of those workarounds helps,  please open ticket with support by direct message here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@New_2024  Contact support to help you gain access 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.