cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot cancel or change call forwarding settings

Natsu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just activated another SIM card for my girlfriend. Same phone as mine (a simple 3G foldable phone) and also using a phone number in the same exchange as mine. With my number (i.e., using my SIM) I can change the call forwarding settings, but with her number (using her SIM), the call forwarding settings cannot be changed, neither by using the phone's own menus nor by using the codes for Koodo or following the instructions on the page at https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/call-forward-mobile - the error message is either "Failed to cancel" or "Settings failed". Anybody here with information we are missing? Thanks in advance!

(PS: It's not the phone - swapping SIM cards does not solve the problem - this problem is tied to the card or number)

7 REPLIES 7

Natsu

@hTideGnow

@softech

Another update: the agents are quite obviously trying to help,and replies have been coming in quickly, but after the 4th go-around I thought it was time to do something effective and specifically requested a ticket number and contact with tech staff. I now have a ticket number and am awaiting their call. 🙂

@Natsu thanks for the update

for the VoLTE relation,while you are on the 3G plan and could be using a 3G phone only,  the VoLTE enabling is for all accounts   We don't have a definite confirmation , but it does look like the VoLTE enabling triggered some account changes and caused the issue

Natsu

Update: sent a message to the CS agent today and quickly got a reply that they had reset the account and I should try it again. I tried what they suggested, and the phone several times showed a "SIM card updating" message when I tried to access the conditional forwarding settings. These messages continued for several minutes, so I switched the phone off and on again. I have repeated this a few times now. Then the same message came up a few times and soon changed to "SIM update completed". Once this seemed  to have settled down I tried the call forward update again - unfortunately I still get the same error messages.

I have sent these details to the CS agent now and also let them know, just in case this is relevant, that in the forum it had been suggested that the problem with forwarding settings has to do with a recent VoLTE upgrade and that all my phones are 3G phones.

Will send another update after the next round. 🙂

Natsu

@hTideGnow

Thanks, I'll contact an agent to see if they can fix it... 🙂

Natsu

@softech

"Call Forward ALL" works as described - thanks. 🙂

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Natsu   Yes, call forwarding fails after VoLTE enable, not sure if related or coincident.  Please submit a ticket with CS agent and see if they can fix it

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Natsu   there has been problem to Call Forwarding at the moment.

Call Forward ALL should work, but other Conditional call forward might not

You can try  reset all of your call forwarding to default (voicemail) by dialing  ##004#.

Need Help? Let's chat.