cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot call or text. Only data.

rugerty100
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I've messaged a staff member on November 26th but have not yet received a reply.

My phone line cannot send or receive ANY phone calls or texts.

This problem has started since a staff member manually ported me over to the 12GB plan.

When I try to call out, it says I need a long-distance plan even though I'm calling local numbers.

I've tried calling toll-free numbers too. Nothing has changed as to my geographical location or the numbers I'm calling, so it's not an issue on my end.

My plan details show:

• Pick & Pay
    • This plan includes: -
    • - 12GB Data
    • - Expired
    • - Unlimited International Text
    • - Unlimited Provincial Talk

Whom should I contact? It has been a week now and I can't even check my voicemail....

11 REPLIES 11

pizza
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm glad you finally got a reply, even though it took almost two weeks. 

It was a mod that had to fix your problem, correct? 

rugerty100

Finally fixed today, 13 days after the initial request.

Pretty close to their current backlog estimate of 12 days.

Anyways, adding the long distance pack did not help.

emilyge0rgia
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I'm getting the exact same error message when I try to call anywhere rugerty100

rugerty100
The error message says I need a long distance add-on to compete this call. That's why I think a long-distance add on may help. I'd rather not unnecessarily buy one though.

Bertz

I'm experiecing a similar situation except, my text and data works, calling does not. There is no other way around fixing it other than having a mod take a look.

NO don't spend any more money. If local calling does not work how will long distance add-on help?

Private message me if you wish to try some calling/text experiments in Ontario.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

rugerty100

@Luddite, I understand that I can use those applications. I actually prefer Google Hangouts since it can spoof your number for the outgoing caller ID.

My primary issue is incoming calls from work and casual acquaintances. 

rugerty100

@mimmo, tried that. Didn't help.

I guess I'll add a long-distance plan. But that shouldn't matter for texts anyways, since the plan has international text.

@jmmorris, tried that. Didn't work.

@rugerty100 Pretty sure you contracted a "bug" and your accountt needs a reset. Even though you have sent a private message the backlog is substantial: 
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-on-support/m-p/114863.

While your service is down you could make/receive phone calls with an application like that from fongo.com. It provides a number with free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi, or on cellular data. Incoming SMS is also free. My sister uses it exclusively and I have it as my emergency backup on an iPod. 

You can retrieve your messages by calling your number from another phone (or  Fongo if you install it); press * once during your "I'm not here" message and follow the prompts.

Tough spot. Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jmmorris

Another shot in the dark...

shut your phone down, take out sim card, re-insert sim card and restart phone. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

a shot in the dark, have you tried adding a 1 or removing the 1 infront of the number you are dialing?.  

Possibly buying a long distance add-on. as a stop gap, that might allow you to make calls.  or as an interm method use fongo till the mods can fix...

Need Help? Let's chat.