cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot active sim card

Alexis4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I have just acquired a new SIM card and I wish to activate it with the 55$ monthly plan for 20gb with the 20$ reduction for 15 months. At the moment of the activation, when everything was filled out, it sent an error code that immediately disappeared. Since then, I’ve retired to activate it and it doesn’t recognize my old phone number as a valid phone number. I therefore cannot activate it anymore.

9 REPLIES 9

@Alexis4   since you "activated" partially, I think they will honour it regardless

They usually reply within 2 hours but could be longer, especially today is a busy day.  Just message them every hour for update

The agent support hours:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Alexis4

Ok perfect! How long does it usually take to get an answer? Also, does it close at a certain time? The deal is finishing today and it would be a bummer to not get it because support takes a while. Like do I have time to start a show or is it minutes?

@Alexis4   no, you are on a forum with your other customers trying to help

To engage PM support, you need to properly open a ticket.  There are usually 2 ways, Chatbot and direct message.

But since your account not fully setup, please use direct message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Alexis4

Yes I did. And isn’t this already a ticket… what is the purpose of setting up another one? 

@Alexis4   did you put in IMEI for porting information?

also, I think too many people activating today (not just here but with other providers, too, Too many good deals this weekend)

no worry, just open ticket with PM Support by messaging them

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Alexis4

Hi,

I did get charged the 40$ and some cents. The SIM card sadly isn’t working when I am putting it in my phone…

Alexis4

Hi,

I did get charged the 40$ and some cents. The SIM card isn’t working when I am putting it in my phone…

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Alexis4  were you getting error 821?

DO NOT try to re-attempt activation.  Pm might have charged you already.  

First check if PM charge your credit card yet.  

Also, put the PM SIM in a phone and check if it connects to PM network and if it can make outgoing calls

If PM has not charge you and the sim card is not connecting, then the activation didn't completed.  

Error 821 usually comes up when you request porting and used IMEI as the information for the old provider

If PM didn't charge you yet, you can try to activate again and request porting, but try to enter the account number of the old provider instead of IMEI.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Alexis4 

did you put the sim card in the phone and check if it connects? and you check if PM took the money?  Maybe it was already activated?

But even that, look like there is a some problem with porting.  Tell us if the sim card working first and we can help further

Need Help? Let's chat.