cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Enter Custom Payments

lheintzman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'd hoped this had been fixed, but no luck so far. Ever since the redesign, the payment page will not accept custom amounts. I can click on the custom button but entering anything less than the full 30-day fee results in an error message: "Please input [$xx.xx] or an amount greater than [$xx.xx]." Tried different browsers, incognito mode, emptying the cache. Nothing.

The only solution has been to get Customer Service to add the amounts manually for each of three accounts using two different credit cards. And it looks like I'll have to do this for every payment cycle.  Pretty cumbersome.

In a related but just-as-nutsy scenario, one of my accounts has a 30-day fee of $41.25. None of the remedies suggested by Customer Service will accept payments in decimal amounts. So why would PM offer a service priced this way?

Anybody else having these frustrations? Or am I the only person who wants to top up in advance?

14 REPLIES 14

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Lol...abyssed and pissed!😋🍷🍺🍷

@lheintzman 

Ok....heres how this worked out. I struggled to reactivate today despite having more than my plan amount. Resuming via lost/stolen did not automatically reactivate the plan. I had to submit payment from the balance. After trying several different ways to submit payment only Google got it to take but while I remained suspended in my account my service did start working and there was a warning that my account may take an hour to update.

I logged in just now....6 hours after reactivating and it still warned I was suspended and my account balance remained unchanged ($15 not debited). With a $0 balance on the visa/gift card on file I chose "Use a different payment method." and entered new card details. (Keep in mind it said I had $23.25 in available funds but in reality it was $8.35.) There was a red warning that I had to enter an amount of $1 or more. I entered $1.65. Payment was processed and suddenly my account immediately updated to active and I now have $10 in my available funds. (I wonder what would have happened if I didn't make a manual top up come renewal?🤔)

So you can make a payment with change as long as it's over $1 and you available funds exceed your plan amount....sort of?

Screenshot_20220816-145036.png

Nope. But your line about accumulating credit...over a period of time you will end up overpaying enough that your balance (made up of overpayments and rewards) plus that months rewards will cover the plan and you don't have to pay anything extra that month. Win, win. 🙂

lheintzman

@dust2dust .  Ouch.  Are you offering any odds on that bet? 😎

It'll be an interesting test result. Some merchants may have minimum purchase amounts. I guess we'll see if a quarter is minimum enough. My bet is on failure.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@lheintzman 

Good grief! Wouldn't that be a kicker to have an autopay failure for the sake of a quarter!

lheintzman

@darlicious Yeah, because of this problem, I had extra credit left over from last month.  Which was in danger of accumulating indefinitely.  Figured, naively, that I could just double the rewards this time and pay the delta.  No joy.  So Customer Service was kind enough to enter all the amounts manually, although not even they could finesse the $41.25.  As a result, one account will be a quarter short this cycle.  Fingers crossed that autopay doesn't bomb.

@lheintzman 

i agree with you, it is just a glitch in the system there is a new design it is affecting a lot of people, one of my account is also has a issue but if you have multiple account and you use in same browser then here the issue the the new design has ISP and security and on the back system is will found it then the and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode, maybe is help maybe not,
is cache the system but no one get it and the iT Technical, need to do so.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@lheintzman 

Why its the new and improved site! I have an odd amount on one of my accounts that I was going to round off but like you have been stymied by the new and improved site. I did not realize that self serve also does not accept "change" when topping up. I meant to test today before renewing adding custom amounts once the available funds exceed the plan amount. Have you tried this after customer support tops up your account balance before you renew?

The $41.25 price point stems from the federal government's edict to lower the price of medium basket mobile plan prices by 25% by 2022. In 2020 the average price or rather the coordinated marketing price by the big three of a 4gb 4G LTE plan was $55 - $13.75 (25%)=$41.25. But I agree why pm would not just make it $41 is ridiculous given the "no change" issue with payments. 

I blame Darren Entwistle's need to squeeze every last quarter out of telus's customers to continue double digit dividend pay outs to telus shareholders on a quarterly basis for this two bits of nonsense!📈💰

lheintzman

@Timer As mentioned, the browser and cache state is irrelevant.  So is the credit card: it happens with all of mine.  The problem arises if you want to top up in advance, submitting the full amount minus anticipated rewards.  The redesign completely removes any reward benefits since it insists you pay the full amount, no matter what credits you might have accumulated.  The system is clearly broken and needs to be fixed.  

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@lheintzman oh my nerves it isn't fixed yet?that is pretty sad, wish I had an answer for you ,🙄

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I just shake my head and laugh. They create a weird plan amount but you can't exactly pay for it.

GR
Mayor / Maire

I complained on that a few weeks ago and they said they'd escalate it to tech support.   Nothing yet!   I gave an example that if you want to purchase a 15$ data add on and you're on the 40$ plan you have to put 40$.  It won't let you put anything less.   It got me because I always go in a week or so before and manually add the amount it will need for the renewal  minus  the  rewards.  But you still have to put the full amount,   not the amount minus the rewards that will appear on renewal night.   Hopefully they fix it 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@lheintzman 

tried use browser from computer,and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

go to payment and make manual paid.

go to payment you see at   Available Funds
press at Add funds to My account

Select your preferred payment method

and press at Add Funds with Credit or Visa Debit

and if your Amount Due is cover the $ plan then press in

or press at Custom Amount
and add Amount your plan +$1
press Complete Payment

or logout close all browser and use one page inPrivate mode,to Login Page

and go to payment,,, manage payment method and update card information and save payment.

still can't then contact support team by CS_Agent  to reset your account to set new credit card.

Need Help? Let's chat.