cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Activate - Alternate Phone Number Regex Help

nnijo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you experience this, you're not alone. Only Mods can help you activate, there's nothing you can do. Give them all the required info when you sign up and they will do it.

Public mobile needs to look into the codes behind the activation page. Most probably it's a poorly coded jquery.

Posting this for visibility since Google crawls this forum. Hope that others won't waste hours trying to activate on different browsers, devices, networks...like I did, and instead just tell mods to activate on your behalf.

Peace out!

36 REPLIES 36

nnijo
Update: mod activated a temporary number for me after 4 hours and i tried creating a selfserve account to port my number in. It has been 14 hours and the system has not emailed me the confirmation link to activate my account. No account means no porting yet.

Porting has never been so time-consuming and frustrating 😞

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nnijo, I said that I saw couple of people reporting this same error this evening, I didn't claim it just started today/yesterday!  

I know nothing about coding.  I hope you forwarded your expert opinion to the moderator so they can pass it up to the relevant department.  

Whatever this bad jquery is, it seems to only occasionally pop up and I have seen this same error reported a few months ago as well. Perhaps the moderator who is in touch with you can set up a new account on your behalf and then direct you to the selfserve page to create new selfserve access.  

pancake
This Alternate Phone Number Regex Help happened to me as well. Took mods 2 days to go back and forth to activate. At that time they too claimed it was a glitch and blamed me for not trying hard enough (clear cache, cookies, different browsers...). I tried but still the error persisted

nnijo
Got a reply this morning from PM staff. They, again, for some reason, claim that this issue is a "glitch" and asked me to try activating again.

Guess what? Doesn't work. How can bad codes correct themselves?

nnijo
Hey @imm1304,

The error did not happen just "this evening". It has been there afaik for the past 3 weeks when a friend of mine tried activating as well...

A bad jquery does not correct itself, fyi.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @nnijo,

Thanks for sharing this.  I see couple of others experiencing the same error this evening.  

Welcome to the PM community.  

Need Help? Let's chat.