cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceling my late father's account

Dogbone67
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I am trying to cancel my late father's account.  You make it very difficult.  I set it up for him therefore I have his login info.  I have already canceled his credit card that paid his bill.  Because he is on a 30 day plan I assume that non payment at the next billing cycle will automatically close the account.  I thought it would be a curtesy to let you know.  

3 REPLIES 3

@eddieO wrote:

@Dogbone67 very sorry to hear about your father.

On his account make sure to Unsubscribe. They should stop taking payments from you but it will take 90 days for the account to officially be closed and the number will be lost

There's no need to do any of that.  You'll see that the credit card saved in the Public Mobile account has already been cancelled. Public Mobile will have no way to continue charging that credit card.

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dogbone67 very sorry to hear about your father.

On his account make sure to Unsubscribe. They should stop taking payments from you but it will take 90 days for the account to officially be closed and the number will be lost

@Dogbone67 wrote:

Hi, I am trying to cancel my late father's account.  You make it very difficult.  I set it up for him therefore I have his login info.  I have already canceled his credit card that paid his bill.  Because he is on a 30 day plan I assume that non payment at the next billing cycle will automatically close the account.  I thought it would be a curtesy to let you know.  

Sorry, to hear about this.  You won't have to do anything to cancel the service.  As the credit card has been cancelled, the service will automatically stop working when the plan expires. Also, after the account has been in suspension for 90 days, the Public Mobile account will automatically close.  Also, please remember that posting a message here is not a communication with Public Mobile.  In the message forum, it's usually only other customers who see your message post.

Need Help? Let's chat.