cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel

Ignazio
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My Dad got a new plan from a store at the mall with a new phone with sim card, the phone was defective and brought it in for repair. COVID19 started and the mall closed and my father has had no phone since he got it. He does not have an account and I cannot create one for him as it wants to send a text to the phone for verification. He is on AUTOPAY and want to cancel that until he can get his phone back.

?????

12 REPLIES 12

@Ignazio 

Is the sim still in the phone? You can put it in another phone and receive the message.

Did you try calling that public number given by @geopublic 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Ignazio wrote:

My Dad got a new plan from a store at the mall with a new phone with sim card, the phone was defective and brought it in for repair. COVID19 started and the mall closed and my father has had no phone since he got it. He does not have an account and I cannot create one for him as it wants to send a text to the phone for verification. He is on AUTOPAY and want to cancel that until he can get his phone back.

?????

You will need to contact a MOD. Go through SIMon and submit a ticket. Explaining just what you have said here. -> https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

good luck and stay safe!

@Ignazio if your father is attached to his number, contact the moderators directly through private message here expalin what happened give them an email and ask them for a temporary password to set up a self service account.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

From within the self service account, you can either remove the credit card. See screenshot.

Make a patment.png

Or if you have another phone handy, but a replacement SIM card and change it from within his self serve account. See screenshot.

20200325_014121.jpg

Stay safe. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ignazio wrote:

when he tries to login it ask s to send a text to his phone

Put his PM SIM card in another unlock phone to receive the text message.

Ignazio
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

when he tries to login it ask s to send a text to his phone

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ignazio wrote:

?????

Put your dad's PM SIM card in your phone or any unlocked phone to receive the 6 digits code during self-serve account creature.

Please note that PM is a prepaid service.  There is no refund for prepaid service in Canada.  PM works the same.

PM does not sell phone.  All PM plan are bring your own phone plan.

Did you dad purchase a new phone at the store?

If yes, you can contact phone manufacturer for warranty.

If no, you need to deal with the store after COVID-19.

Choices to cancel service:
1. Quick and keeping your phone number
Remove autopay credit card info to stop autopay and port your number to another provider. Your account will be canceled right away.
2. Slow and not keeping your phone number.
Remove autopay credit card info to stop autopay. Your account will be suspended without payment at your next renewal date. 90 days after suspension, your account will be cancel. You have 90 days to change your mind by paying and reactivate your account.
3. Make money and not keeping your phone number
If you have a plan with high demand, you can let someone to take over your plan. Your phone number will go with the plan to the new owner.  

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Ignazio Can he login his self-service account? He can disable autopay option there.

@geopublic 

Thank you, great option:)

Hi @JoyLuck 

Op's faster will not be able to file a ticket through Simon as he doesn't have either amount access nor the sim to create account access. I'm afraid direct message is the only option

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Ignazio wrote:

?????

@Ignazio  If your know the account's PIN number then do the following:

1. Call 1-855-4PUBLIC
  2. Enter your Dad's number
  3. Follow the prompts to disable AutoPay

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

Need Help? Let's chat.