cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel subscription on lost SIM card

sjd1968ca
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to cancel the subscription on a SIM card that has been lost. Canceling the subscription requires that I sign into my account first. However, I am unable to sign into the account for that SIM card since the only 2FA options available to sign into the account are to receive a text message or voice message on the phone number that I no longer have the SIM card for. How am I able to sign into the account and cancel the subscription if I no longer have access to the SIM card for the account?

6 REPLIES 6

HI @sjd1968ca 

now, you can access Payment page, Manage subscription and then disable Autopay there, turn off Subscribed

sjd1968ca

Thank you for the suggestion. This approach worked even though it is counter-intuitive to use the "Forgot Password" option even though I knew the password. However, using the approach did eventually provide the option to 2FA using an email address which allowed me to access the account.

Thank you.

sjd1968ca

Thank you for the suggestion. I was eventually able to access the account using email 2FA by using the "Forgot Password" option when signing in. 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@sjd1968ca , you can dial  1 (855) 478-2542  (1 855 4PUBLIC) from another phone to disable your autopay for your subscription. I can not remember if you need your pin # to do this though sorry! Please let us know if this works for you. If not please send a private message to a CS_Agent for help.

You can send a private message to a CS_Agent: ->   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Customer Support Agents are available from:

• Monday to Sunday: 9 AM to 10 PM EST

A CS_Agent will respond back in your Community mailbox at the top right of this page (envelope icon to the left of your community avatar).

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@sjd1968ca 

If you do not have the device or the Sim card, no worries.

If you tap resend password, it will eventually give you the option to send the code to the registered email address.

That way you can access self-serve, and disable any auto pay particulars, which will eventually deactivate the service after the current cycle ends.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sjd1968ca - if this is a SIM card that you ordered with Public Mobile to be delivered to you and it has been over 10 working days. Submit a ticket to CSA to let them know. Ways to contact them below:

1-Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], also found in various places in Public webpages, OR

2-go to your envelope at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message. Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support (link is provided in #3 below as well). 

3 -Use this link (same as #2)  Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

If you simply lost your sim card then you can obtain a new one and swap number on your My Account (once you get logged in).

Try selecting the RESEND button a few times, do you get an email option for 2FA?

When you call 1-855-478-2542 or # 1-855-4PUBLIC from another device can you locate your account? Here you can choose to turn off autopay. 90 days in nonpay status your account closes. But if this is a new plan and you just didn't get your sim card delivered yet, then for sure contact CSA first.

Need Help? Let's chat.