cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Port

heather1123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to cancel my port in request and get a new # ASAP.  Please assist!

7 REPLIES 7

heather1123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The number was originally Koodo then ported to Chatr earlier this month.  Apparently, the port completed on Chatr’s end.  There seems to be an outstanding balance with Koodo (the line belonged to a family member originally) preventing the sim activation.  Until the balance is paid, they won’t activate it.  At this point, I just need a phone #.  I guess I have to paying another $50 for a new sim and plan? I was able to log into self serve at first but can not now. 

@Dunkman wrote:

@heather1123

I think that Heather tried to port over two days ago from Chatr.  She asked a question yesterday and I told her to contact moderator yesterday.  It looks like she still has an incomplete port and wants a new number ASAP.  

If she tries to get new number from self service account, what will happen to her stuck ported number from Chatr.  Would she potentially lose that number?

I suppose it may depend on where it is stuck.  If the number has been sent over from Chatr but was not successfully applied to the account, then to put it back to Chatr is a bit of work.  If the number is still with Chatr, then probably asking the moderators to reassign the number in the affected account will do it. 

@mimmo wrote:

@will13am  doesn it not it depend on if teh port conpletes or not?  if it has  been more than a couple hours and the port is sussessful the yes fait accomplet.  but if it is a failed port sistuation then the mods would need to get involved to either resubmit the port or cancel it?

@heather1123  are you in a stuck port situation or did the port complete?   did you initiate teh port during signup or did you use the change number in selfserve?

if during sign up and if you have a failed port  (taking more thag 3-4 hours)  you might be able to do a number change to a new number yourself in selfserve.I have never tried this so i don;t know the implications it has on the orriginal number requested, but i believe it should be safe.

Well a stuck port is as good as a cancelled port in this case.  Don't resubmit and you are good to go provided the number is still with the old provider.

@heather1123

I think that Heather tried to port over two days ago from Chatr.  She asked a question yesterday and I told her to contact moderator yesterday.  It looks like she still has an incomplete port and wants a new number ASAP.  

If she tries to get new number from self service account, what will happen to her stuck ported number from Chatr.  Would she potentially lose that number?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am  doesn it not it depend on if teh port conpletes or not?  if it has  been more than a couple hours and the port is sussessful the yes fait accomplet.  but if it is a failed port sistuation then the mods would need to get involved to either resubmit the port or cancel it?

@heather1123  are you in a stuck port situation or did the port complete?   did you initiate teh port during signup or did you use the change number in selfserve?

if during sign up and if you have a failed port  (taking more thag 3-4 hours)  you might be able to do a number change to a new number yourself in selfserve.I have never tried this so i don;t know the implications it has on the orriginal number requested, but i believe it should be safe.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@heather1123, how long has it been since the port was submitted?  If it has been a couple of hours, it is fait accompli.  Seeking moderator team assistance is not timely. 

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I don’t know if this is possible depending on how far along your port has progressed

reguardless, 

To resolve this issue you will need to send a private message to the moderator team. They are available 7 day/weeks but not 24/7. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderators.

Include your name, PM phone number, account number, 4-digit PIN and a brief description of the problem. 

Need Help? Let's chat.