cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada/US plan doesn’t work

Marie333
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I changed my plan to have the unlimited Canada/US plan and now I’m in New York City and nothing works.

I got no data, no phone or text but have been paying for this plan the last 2 months.

I’m not impressed.

Am I supposed to do something to activate it when I change country?

4 REPLIES 4

Unfortunately they used to have a plan you can use in both Canada and the US but that was quite awhile ago and was grandfathered in and those customers have been saying they have had some issues due to the 3G situation in the US, a local prepaid sim and/or voip apps may be more reliable and cost effective.

Marie333
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I guess this plan was too good to be true.

Thanks for clarifying for me and answering so quickly.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Marie333   The plan you got (those $50, $60, $70) are including US long distance calls only.  those long distance calls are from you to call FROM Canada to US

When you are in US and you want to make calls, you need Roaming Addon instead.    Those plans do not include Roaming 

@Marie333 wrote:

I changed my plan to have the unlimited Canada/US plan and now I’m in New York City and nothing works.

I got no data, no phone or text but have been paying for this plan the last 2 months.

I’m not impressed.

Am I supposed to do something to activate it when I change country?

Sorry, but this plan does not include usage in the United States.  None of Public Mobile's currently offered plans have that.  To use your Pubilc Mobile services in NYC, you're going to need to purchase a roaming add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.