cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada US Plan

Athena_high
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently signed up for the Canada US plan. I am in the US now. Text and data work fine but I cannot make phone calls. Two weeks ago my wife was in the US and had the US add on. She could not make phone calls either. Is there a fix?

6 REPLIES 6

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

It's likely a VoLTE (or lack thereof) issue. What phone are you using?

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thanks @dust2dust for keeping me on my toes! 

@maple_leaf- That roaming option is for data, not talk.

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello @Athena_high , Also, check your phone's network settings (if Android, Network and Internet > SIMs > Roaming) to make sure that it is toggled on. That's for voice calls. ( @dust2dust is correct, that's for data). Meant to say under Network and Internet > SIMs > Network , toggle on "Automatically Select Network". If "Automatically Select Network" was already selected, you can do as @Chalupa_Batman suggested, and toggle that off and manually select T-Mobile (and reboot). There's a separate setting in the Messages app, Messages Settings > Advanced > Auto-download MMS when roaming. 

Also, U.S. Roaming Troubleshooting can be found here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/us-roaming-troubleshooting

Hope this helps.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you know if your phone had been enabled for volte here yet? If not then your only option for talk is on T-Mobile and using their old 2G GSM network. Does the phone allow you to select 2G GSM? If not then that's another problem.
You might find some luck if you currently have 5G etc set and to set it to 4G LTE etc.
Text will also work on 2G GSM but not data.
Text and data will work on either T-Mobile and AT&T. The latter if set to 4G LTE.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Athena_high 

Go into your network settings and turn off automatic. Then pick Tmobile and reboot. Let me know if that worked

Need Help? Let's chat.