cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada Long Distance Calling

gauravtuli
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi guys,

I am on a $25 plan that states it has unlimited Canada wide calling. Doesn't it mean that I can call any number in Canada for free?

Asking because when I call to another province I get a message saying that long distance charges may apply.

Why is this happening and does it mean that I have to pay for making these calls.

6 REPLIES 6

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

That's the great thing about Public Mobile,  @gauravtuli , there are ZERO charges for things you might be worried about with post paid services.

Once you pay for your upcoming month of services - you get what you paid for and if you try to do anything else that would be considered extra (like international calling) you can't be charged for it because it won't be available until after you've added it.

So no overages to worry about.

@gauravtuli wrote:

Ok with that my calls would be free? And what are the exceptions?

Because even when I am calling in Ontario, I sometimes get the message that charges may apply.

yes.. your call would be free..  

yes, this is an old message when you are calling across the usual free call territory.  Even without Ontario,  for example, calling from Markham to Mississauga is a long distance call .. 

gauravtuli

Thanks!

@gauravtuli wrote:

Because even when I am calling in Ontario, I sometimes get the message that charges may apply.

There aren't any exceptions for Canadian phone numbers. You're hearing the message because the call really is long distance. That long distance is included with your plan. There are no pay-per-use charges at Public Mobile.  There won't be any charges. You can dial the 1 before the number or simply ignore the message, after which the call will proceed.

gauravtuli

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You should be able to call across Canada. Try dialing 1 infront of the area code.

Need Help? Let's chat.