cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada 5G promotion email

PYMak1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had received an promotion email from Public Mobile.  After I subscribed and received an additional email with a promotion code which will receive additional 42GB free for $50/8GB plan.  I contacted the Chat support and claimed that it is a spam.  Please clarify for me if it is a true promotion or not for 5G in Canada.  Thanks.

screen 2.pngscreen 1.png

10 REPLIES 10

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey @PYMak1 this email is legit! However, the promotional code displayed isn't correct. Check out our latest and most up to date promotions here

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@PYMak1 When look at first email address: formstack.com, it absolutely is spam!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@XionBunny    Oh yeah, for sure best to get it verified from PM first before responding to it, just in case. 

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous That formstack email made me question it, I never got any communication with that address in it, so although it looks legit I couldn't be sure and I won't recommend any possible phishing scams.

PYMak1

Thanks, I will contact the CS_agent

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PYMak1   It looks legitimate.  I've also received a similar email earlier today asking me to download the app.  I had actually ignored it because I'm not interested in 5G plans but there's no mention of any bonus data offer in my email which does look similar to yours.

You can always contact support and ask them to verify the details although it might be a bit of wait before you hear back because of all the other problems/tickets they're dealing with currently.

Here's a link to send a private message to CS_Agent since the chatbot seems to be not cooperating for ticket submission according to other posters.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Actually nevermind, that one email looks suspicious 

PYMak1

Is it a true promotion or spam?

PYMak1

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PYMak1   You may want to edit your post and remove the email from the screenshot as you're posting on an open public forum.  Just click the down arrow top right of your post to edit/delete any personal information from it.

Need Help? Let's chat.