cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't type numeric street name into port-in form

efp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The street I live on is named after a number, eg: 14 W 23rd St. On the form for porting in a phone number from another carrier, it won't let me type 23rd St as my street name. I can only type 'rd St', it filters out all numbers. I guess whoever designed the form thought this was a clever way to ensure the house number and street name went in their corresponding boxes, but it makes it impossible to fill out if your street has a number in the name.

4 REPLIES 4

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@efp 

Here are the instructions on porting out your phone number from voip.ms.

How do I Port Out my number?

If you have a DID number with VoIP.ms and wish to port it out to another provider, you need to always start this process on the new provider's side. They should advise what information is needed to start this process.

Once your new carrier confirms your number was ported out successfully and it is properly working on their end, please delete it from your account with us; you may do so by log in on your account -> DID Billing-> Delete number. You will also need to please click Yes on the pop-up window when deleting the number. ("Check here if you ported this number to another network"). In some cases, we are also advised that your number was ported out, in which case we will remove it from your account and email you regarding so.

Please open a ticket to our LNP Department or send an email to ports@voip.ms to find out what is the port out information for your number or if you get a rejection.

Please note: Porting from voip.ms can take up to 7 business days to complete. They are not open on weekends or holidays. Good Luck!

@efp wrote:

I'm trying to port from voip.ms

The first thing you'll need to do is to check if you can port your phone number to Public Mobile as you won't be able to proceed further if the number can't be ported in.  Please use the Koodo (same partent company as Public Mobile) website to check:  https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

If your number is eligible to be ported to Public Mobile, go ahead and open your Public Mobile account (if you haven't already done so), but take a brand new phone number from Public Mobile.

As number porting will fail with the incorrect address on the porting form, I wouldn't try doing the porting yourself. Please open a ticket at that point with a Public Mobile CSA. They will have to manually correct the addresss.  Please use the chatbot to open a ticket:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

efp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm trying to port from voip.ms

@efp wrote:

The street I live on is named after a number, eg: 14 W 23rd St. On the form for porting in a phone number from another carrier, it won't let me type 23rd St as my street name. I can only type 'rd St', it filters out all numbers. I guess whoever designed the form thought this was a clever way to ensure the house number and street name went in their corresponding boxes, but it makes it impossible to fill out if your street has a number in the name.

Are you porting from a landline/VoIP carrier?  When porting from another wireless carrier, the address that you type in isn't related to number porting.   Please first check if the phone number can be ported to Public Mobile.  I will say that if the address doesn't match that of a landline or VoIP carrier's account, the number porting will fail.

Need Help? Let's chat.