cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't text a specific pair of people at the same time

remdog
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just became a PM customer yesterday.  I found that I was unable to text two specific people at the same time as I have always done before.  Any other two people is ok.  Just Bernie and Norm together.  I get an immediate "Not Delivered" message.  I can text any other two and all is ok.   I can also text each one separately.  ???????    Remdog

10 REPLIES 10

remdog

Thank you for your thorough explanation.  It's all pretty well Egyptian to me.  Sadly, I'm an old dog who plays the dobro.  Can't expect much .......  🙄.   But seems to be working now.  All good.   Thanks again to all.  Remdog (the old dog). 

*snort* iphones. 🙂 iMessage needs the internet to send messages to other iMessage users that also need the internet. The internet can be cellular data or wifi. iMessage can also use SMS and MMS but if it knows the other recipient is an iMessage user then it will stay on iMessage and continue to need the internet.

SMS can be done via a voip app which would need the internet or active cellular service. MMS also but needs to have cellular data on for that cellular service.

Glad you got it sorted.

remdog

Thanks to all who responded.  Problem solved.  Next coffee is on me !!!!!

@remdog 

Data needs to be turned on (enabled).

remdog

Ok, making progress.  At least the message went out this time.  Heard back from one of the boys. Waiting to hear from the other one.   Will let you know.  Thanks very much.  Data was indeed turned off.  RR

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@remdog 

You need data to be enable for SMS and MMS to work.

remdog

Thank you.  I checked and iMessage is already on.  

stevenxic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Turn on imessage feature and try again. You can go to settings -> Messages to toggle iMessage.

remdog

1.  Good question.  I'm pretty ignert about this stuff.  I thought texting, but the little space says "imessage". 

2. Data off

3. Wifi on

4. iPhone 6 plus

Thanks for the reply. 

5. No attachments  just a few words

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Are you texting or iMessaging?

Data on or off?

Wifi on or off?

Android or iPhone?

Any attachments being sent?