cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't setup Call Forwarding?

foaryy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an older plan, so I'm unsure if it's included in my package (if that's a thing..) but I don't see it listed on newer plans.

I have tried enabling call forwarding using the dial codes, but I get an error after I dial, it says "Public Mobile Message Call Forwarding, Connection problem or invalid MMI Code"

How can I fix this?

17 REPLIES 17

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dust2dust wrote:

@barrascuk- One might also suggest to add the +.  The 1 is just standard. But yes if I dial the busy code with just 10 digits then the end result adds the + and the 1 anyway.

I call forward all the time....I never add the 1.  

@barrascuk- One might also suggest to add the +.  The 1 is just standard. But yes if I dial the busy code with just 10 digits then the end result adds the + and the 1 anyway.

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dust2dust 

*21*17785804001#

Why bother with the 1.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

9E7FAC3D-A98B-4992-BA56-E396C87AA456.jpeg

Interesting problem.

*21*17785804001#

You get the USSD error. That's call forward all to one of our standard voicemail access numbers.

foaryy

Yup - no luck, gives the same error. Yea, I tried another phone, same error.

foaryy

No USSD codes work due to the error. Any code listed online or here has not worked and gives the error above.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Could you please type out exactly what the dial code(s) is/are that you've been trying? (other than maybe a personal non-voicemail number).

@foaryy   instead of using forwarding code (those * commands), did you try using the forwarding option from phone dialer?

Also, you have another phone around?  Put your PM sim there and try to set forwarding from another phone, just want to confirm if it is an account problem or device

foaryy

It's a Motorola G Pure - it has call forwarding.

@foaryy what make and model is your phone?

foaryy

I tried all of the ones listed here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

None of them work due to "Public Mobile Message Call Forwarding, Connection problem or invalid MMI Code"

I can call/receive calls, text and go to my voicemail - just can't call forward.

@foaryy what kind of call forward you try to setup?

foaryy

Yeah, that works. However, still can't call forward. I can call my voicemail from that number above - it was prefilled in my settings.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@foaryy   try this first

Go to your phone dialer, settings, look for the voicemail number , and enter 

1 - (your area code) - 580- 4001

If that doesn't work, try one of the voicemail access number from this thread:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

(when you use one of those numbers, don't forget to enter 1 in front of the area code and then the 7 digits)

foaryy

Tried this, and gives me the same error. Even when trying it through my call forwarding settings in the phone app, it gives the same error.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@foaryy 

Try to restart your phone once

Then call  ##004# to reset it to default settings first

Then try the forwarding you want to set and see if it works

Need Help? Let's chat.