cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send texts

yo2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up for my plan a month ago and since I signed up no one has been receiving my texts. I've been troubleshooting with an agent but anything I tried didn't work. I finally decided to get a new sim card to see of it was a faulty sim but it's still not working. Any advice on what to do?

16 REPLIES 16

yo2

Thanks I have messaged an agent 

Do you use a standard texting app? Is it a Samsung? What version of Android?
Can you dial *#*#4636#*#* and scroll all the way down and is there anything in the SMSC box? Then click refresh. What number if anything shows up in the box?

yo2

No. But it's just basic sms I guess I can try that

@yo2 wrote:

Android. Yes I have tried

HI @yo2 

i guess same result

you tried Reset All Networks? 

did you try using a different texting app? I see some people got similar problem resolved with a new messaging app

yo2

The make is LG wine 2 flip phone.

yo2

Android. Yes I have tried

Questions asked help us to narrow down the problem or provide help. Please answer the make and model question. Maybe there are others.

HI @yo2 

iPhone or Android?

did you try your sim in another phone and test?

yo2

All other services are working besides the outgoing texts. I have tried another public mobile sim in the same device and it worked fine so I know it's not a problem of the device

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@yo2 

Do all other services work?

Can you call and receive calls and does your data work?

Please indicate your device make and model.

Different phone? I was thinking about the SMSC number. But if it does the same thing on another phone then that wouldn't be it. You haven't answered the make and model question yet. Did support tell you to try another sim?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@yo2  Are you putting 1 in front of the contacts 

yo2

I have done all kinds, network reset, apn settings, new sim, different phone, etc. Nothing helped 

yo2

I when tried resetting the network and putting the sim I another phone. Neither helped

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@yo2 

Android or iPhone?

What troubleshooting have you done? What messaging app are you using? Stock or third party? Have you cleared the messaging app cache ? Have you accidently subscribed to RCS (Chat features)? Are your messaging chat bubbles a light or dark colour? Do your messages send?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@yo2  Have you tried resetting network settings ? Can you try SIM card in another phone to test ? And is this iPhone or android 

Need Help? Let's chat.