cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send/receive texts

Justine19
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yesterday I activated my Sim card,  but I have only been able to text a few people. Others are not receiving my texts nor am I am ro receive texts from them. 

10 REPLIES 10

@Justine19  if you put in your old sim in your phone did it stop working? If yes, then the port completed. Welcome to PM.

@Justine19 

Does not look like completedly a porting issues, since you are unable to send texts to everyone.  Does your talk work?  What about data?  

As you wait for moderator help,

maybe try your SIM card in another phone to determine whetehr hardware issue versus PM service issue

Network reset.

@Justine19 wrote:

My previous sim still works. How do I complete the port?

@Justine19  if it's been less 4 hours wait. Otherwise submit a ticket to PM and ask them to check it.  To submit a ticket do the following:

stpm-new.png

@Justine19 click on the question mark 

Justine19

My previous sim still works. How do I complete the port?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Justine19  Did you also port your number? Insert the previous sim in your phone if it still works then the port is not complete.

sprosser

@Justine19 wrote:

Yesterday I activated my Sim card,  but I have only been able to text a few people. Others are not receiving my texts nor am I am ro receive texts from them. 

Are the people you're having trouble texting using iPhones? The latest iOS update caused some issues sending/receiving texts, but somewhat randomly so it's hard to pin down. I don't know if the issue extends to texts between iPhone and Android devices, but if all of your problematic texts are to iPhones it might actuallly be on their end.  

@Justine19 you can click on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and start a conversation with Simon the chat bot and get a ticket and the moderators will look into it.  Make sure you get to submit ticket.  They'll probably get back to you sometime today 

Justine19

Ive restarted my phone multiple times. Turned my phone off, taken the sim card out and reput back in. I have a Samsung.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Justine19 start by restarting your phone!  Do you have an iPhone that would be mixed up between iMessage and text? 

Need Help? Let's chat.