cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send or receive

braiden
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I transferred my number over from freedom mobile but for the last week I can't send or receive from certain numbers, any idea what I should do? I already went through everything on public mobile Simon chat 

3 REPLIES 3

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like a stuck port. You may need to reinitiate the porting request, follow the steps above. If you go into your phone settings.. And about device (or the like) is it showing the correct phone number? 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@braiden  - do you remember receiving a text on the freedom SIM to approve the port over to Public Mobile?

If you never received it within the 90 minute window, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

Slower method - Use this link to:

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

OR, I will send you a porting ONLY phone number to call, check your private messages, as we are not supposed to post it here.

NOTE: Your Freedom account must be active to retrigger the porting request.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@braiden   You should be able to call ALL numbers right after activation, even  porting has not yet completed  

But incoming, that can take time.   Phone calling are call about routing.   Smaller providers will take longer to "learn" your number has a new "home" and route the calls properly.  So, providers like Fongo, Ooma, etc can take couple days before they can route the calls for the customers.  if you are talking about system generated  text, it will take even longer. for them to text you.  It can take 3 to 7 days.

So, for those of your friends who cannot call you, which providers are they using?

Need Help? Let's chat.