cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send SMS internationally

Philjones6
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just arrived in Canada and have a new SIM in a dual SIM phone. With the UK SIM disabled I can access data, and phone or message another Canadian phone but the advertised unlimited messaging worldwide isn't happening.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? OnePlus phone running Android 10.

37 REPLIES 37

@Philjones6 wrote:

@JK8I'll give it a go. The handset has worked perfectly with the UK SIM alone, for everything. Just an expensive way of using a phone here, so needed a Canadian SIM.

Are you saying it might be the SIM card, rather than a problem with the way the account is set up?

I have tried checking the details of My Plan, but the webiste gives an "Oops" error message whenever I try to access them...

Thanks to all for your help - it would be great to get it working as intended.

I just want to confirm that it is not a problem with your PM account if it works in another unlocked phone.

To get into self service clear your browser cache. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode.

Philjones6

@JK8 I'll give it a go. The handset has worked perfectly with the UK SIM alone, for everything. Just an expensive way of using a phone here, so needed a Canadian SIM.

Are you saying it might be the SIM card, rather than a problem with the way the account is set up?

I have tried checking the details of My Plan, but the webiste gives an "Oops" error message whenever I try to access them...

Thanks to all for your help - it would be great to get it working as intended.

Philjones6

@kselmak  I have given this a go and it doesn't make any difference. Usually it just says "Not sent. Tap to try again"

Often a message pops up saying "Can't send message with Public Mobile - error 38" before disappearing.

@Philjones6 wrote:

Yes, the PM SIM is set as the one to use for data, messaging and calling, and it does that fine for Canada. But messages to international numbers don't get sent, hence my being at a loss.

Can you test your sim in another unlocked phone to confirm that it is not a problem with your Public Mobile account?

Philjones6

Yes, the PM SIM is set as the one to use for data, messaging and calling, and it does that fine for Canada. But messages to international numbers don't get sent, hence my being at a loss.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

What format is it in

+49... or 01149... for example for Germany

Maybe try switching between formats

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Philjones6 : Setting the PM SIM to be the outgoing texting SIM? My Samsung A31 running A10 has it under SIM Card Manager.

Need Help? Let's chat.