cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive some text messages from people and no verification texts

Paradoxic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was able to receive verification texts or verification calls and unable to receive texts from certain friends numbers until after I text them firs,  from my old public mobile account/number.   But am unable to do it now and unable to receive texts from certain friends numbers until after I text them first from This new account/phone number.  I know for a fact I was able to before.  Can someone contact me.   If I have to change my number to one with a less new area code or the middle bu ch of numbers,  I would be more than happy to 

7 REPLIES 7

Paradoxic

Phone number wrong. Oops

Paradoxic

Never-ending. J had my phone jumper wrong.  Hahaha

Wink_Yahoo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been having the same issue for months, can't access my gov account to do my taxes. 

Paradoxic

When she calls me it rj gs on her end but does not ring on my phone. 

Paradoxic

I am sure they said that my message to them came in the same message window, but I never received any messages from them until after I messaged them first.   But they were already contacts in my phone.  Not unknown.   

Verification messages won't work from anyone but from public mobile. This included calls. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Paradoxic  - do you have an iphone?

Deregister the old number on the iphone: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Set up your new phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Paradoxic   you sure they are replying to the correct number since you just changed your phone number

Ask them to message you by keying in the phone number and not pick the name from the contacts.  The contacts could still have the old phone number there, or it could have both and the phone picked the old number instead

Also, are you using traditional SMS or iMessage?

Need Help? Let's chat.