cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive or send text

Japhetbower
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's been a week. I can call and receive calls but can't get any texts except when I send them to one person. I ported my number over and am regretting this decision. Can I just get a new number? I shouldn't have to pay for a service I'm not getting. 

I've tried the solutions from other people and they have not worked. 

10 REPLIES 10

@Murse20 wrote:

I changed the APN settings manually on my S9 and it didn't work. then I set network to Auto and it worked. Maybe this is a similar situation for you? Try Auto and see if it works.

APN settings were brought up earlier. There is no possibility that doing anything with APN settting can fix a text messaging issue. Those setting aren't related to text messaging.

When it comes to autotmatic or manual network selection, that also wouldn't make a difference. If someone was talking about phone calls, I would agree with you as phone calls can't be made over an LTE network. However, text messages work on both LTE and HSPA networks.  If phone calls and/or data are working, that netowrk that the person is connected to is fully capable of sending or receiving text messages. 

Murse20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I changed the APN settings manually on my S9 and it didn't work. then I set network to Auto and it worked. Maybe this is a similar situation for you? Try Auto and see if it works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Japhetbower wrote:

I cant select another network because I don't have multiple ones. I had to add public mobile manually. 

What do you mean by adding Public Mobile manually? Are you speaking of APN settings?  APN settings aren't related to text messaging services.

I think he was working off Luddite's post earlier.

Ok, but when it comes to a manual network scan and selecting a different network, and then selecting the Public Mobile network to get your phone to reconnect, there's no way to manually add a network to that list.

Yes there's some confusion going on. That's why I said "I think". 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Japhetbower wrote:

I cant select another network because I don't have multiple ones. I had to add public mobile manually. 

What do you mean by adding Public Mobile manually? Are you speaking of APN settings?  APN settings aren't related to text messaging services.

Ok, but when it comes to a manual network scan and selecting a different network, and then selecting the Public Mobile network to get your phone to reconnect, there's no way to manually add a network to that list.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Japhetbower wrote:

@Japhetbower wrote:

Japhetbower

Japhetbower

Hey, I have a Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Japhetbower Try this to reset the messaging system:

• Go to Settings

• Then go to Mobile networks and select a network other than Public Mobile, Telus, or Koodo

• When you exit the menu the phone should lose the network.

• Repeat the process and select Public Mobile as your mobile network.

What make/model of phone do you have?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

It sounds like either your port is stuck or that it did not populate correctly in the system. 

You need moderators assistance to investigate your account and resolve your issue.

Two ways to reach them.

1-

Simon.JPG

2- or via private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If you want to change the number you ported over you can try changing it in your self serve account. HOWEVER NO guarantee it will fix your issue as there may be something wrong with your account. And also it would cause you to loose the number you ported over for good. But if you do want to try.. log into your account and click "change number" your allowed one change per 30 days.

Orange arrow on picture below.

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

I would suggest you speak to the moderators first to see if they can resolve your issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.