cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive incoming calls

jlcook70
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported my number from bell 2 days ago and I can make calls but incoming calls go to VM DND is not on. Number is NOT blocked. I removed my SIM card and restarted my phone and ALL THE OTHER TROUBLESHOOTING. I want to talk to a human!!!! I think made a huge mistake with Public Mobile!! I get why it's cheap SERVICE!!!

edited by computergeek541: inappropriate language removed

3 REPLIES 3

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jlcook70  -

You may also submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

Ensure your do not cancel the Bell line. When porting is complete your Bell account should be cancelled automatically.

• 2-3 hours for a Bell mobile to complete.
  • 3+ days for a Bell landline to complete.

Incoming calls are normally the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

All help is online with public mobile - either: in Community (public viewed by anyone) by fellow customers/members or with CSA (viewed privately between you and public mobile representatives): 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jlcook70 

If you didn't authorize your port request as detailed by @BKNS27  then put your bell SIM card back in your phone as it's still fully functional and recieving your incoming calling. Then in the morning contact customer support or call the Telus porting department to reinitiate your port request. You will need your bell account # to give them. Then authorize the port by replying YES to the text and you switch to your pm SIM card. Most ports complete within 15 minutes or so...max 2 hours. I will private message you the phone #.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jlcook70 

So did you reply to the text with the Bell SIM in the phone confirming you are porting over to PM?
There is 90 minutes for you to reply.

This is the most important step to complete the porting process!

If you missed this step, you will need to contact a CS_Agent to complete the porting for you tomorrow. Their hours are 6:00am to 10:00pm EST.

You can contact them through private messaging or SIMon Chatbot on this Community.

BTW, CS_Agents are human.

Need Help? Let's chat.