cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls or texts from IPhone

mattcloc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I recently switched from Bell to Public. I have a Galaxy S10. I can't seem to receive calls or texts from IPhone users. Has anyone experienced this?

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

You'll see my message by tapping your envelope icon upper right @mattcloc 

I sent it about 5 minutes ago...   reason i'm sending by private message is that Public Mobile 'discourages' the posting of the number on this forum as too many other users think it's a Customer Service number, when it's ONLY for porting related issues.

mattcloc

The port is a bit unique, it was taken out of a group and I wasn't the major authorization. So that may have been an issue?

I will take you up on that number to complete the port.

It's possible your port did not fully go through, especially if this is related to incoming calls.

Did you definitely reply "YES" to the port authorization text you would have received from your prior provider within 90 minutes of receiving it when you activated here?

If not, I can send you a number which can help complete the port.  

Check your private message box by tapping the envelope icon upper right when you see a little red number on it.

mattcloc

Ya, I had a couple different iPhone users try to text or call. If they call they go straight to answering machine. If they text, I just don't receive anything. This happened... like 10 years ago when iMessaging was brand new but I didn't expect it to be a problem now.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@mattcloc 

Odd that it's ONLY iPhone users.

So, you can receive these from all other non-iPhone devices?

Problem could be that the iPhone user is sending them via iMessage and they're not converting to SMS.   If you DO NOT have an iPhone, you wouldn't receive the iMessage.

Need Help? Let's chat.