cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive any calls same thing with receiving texts on PM network doesn't work.

Lteguy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Ported over from Mobilicity. Got my girl to call me that didn't work. When I call her phone it works. I texted my girl she got my text but when she texts me I don't receive her texts. Any one else experience this issue and how do I fix it?
15 REPLIES 15

Lteguy
That's what she said

@Lteguy I think this video clip is appropriate to your situation... Robot Happy

Lteguy

@daredogg Bro the incoming calls did "kick in" at around noon when i heard the phone start to ring. Yay, finally after 3 days my problem is gone! Poof! Gone! All is good, i can move on with my life. Now i can be Batman.

Hopefully it's only a manner of time @Lteguy that the calling "kicks in". If by tomorrow it's still not working, I'd suggest you contact one of the moderators again.

One good thing about the problems you've experienced... now you can be the guy to tell everyone what not to do, and get lots of bravos doing it! Robot Very Happy

Lteguy

I started being able to receive text messages yesterday. However my incoming calls still doesnt work. I dont owe Mobilicity any money is that considered good standing? Im not part of any contract and when i called Mobilicity to get my account number yesterday i explained to them i was going to port my number and they didnt tell me anything about being an active customer. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lteguy just to be clear--you said they cut your service off and then you activated the SIM?  Is that correct?  If so, this is 100% the reason why your port has failed.  You have to be an active customer, in good standing, with your previous provider in order to port your number out. This is industry standard in Canada.  If this is the case, you will need to contact Mobilicity and reactivate your line on the cheapest plan they will let you activate, and then come back and try the port request again.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good afternoon @Lteguy

Thank you for reaching out to us !

Have you followed the suggestion mentioned above ? If not, please send your info to one of us via private message. We'll get back to you shortly 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@Lteguy contact Shazia_K by private message (see message above). Port shouldn't take more than 24 hours, so it's likely the port is stuck and needs to be pushed through.

Lteguy

Its been 24 hours exact and incoming calls im still not getting. My Mobilicity contract ended on Oct 28 although they didnt cut my service till Oct 30 (last night) hence me activating my PM sim.  Thanks for the welcome ya'll glad to see so many replies for troubleshooting my lil dilemma. Im gona wait a couple more days and let Public Mobile network to do its porting thing and hopefully itll sort itself out if not ill be coming thru again just a couple days.

newuserpm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks @Shazia_K. My problem has been resolved.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello all, 

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are having issues with your porting requests, 

If this is the case, please send me a private message with the following: 

-Public Mobile SIM card #

-Number you wish to port 

-Account number with old provider

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

newuserpm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I'm in the same boat. I ported from Wind. I can send texts and make calls but can't receive texts or calls.
I called Wind and they said they had received a port request but the info was incorrect (I entered my phone number instead of account number in the online activation page.
Wind asked me to get Public to resend the port request.
I Pm'd 2 mods and the overnight support team as someone suggested. I know the mods are busy. It's been almost 24 hours and I haven't heard from anyone. Trying to patiently wait.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

also try power cycling your phone it might help.  when porting a number sending call is faster than receiving calls.  it is not instant,  I recal being told it can take upto several hours (not sure the exact max time).  from my experience (4 lines)it is all good within 30- 40 minutes, if not faster. dont worry,  if it is still not working after several hours contact one of the moderators.  Welcome to PM 

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

@Lteguy Some carriers take longer than others, but the symptoms you're describing are because the port hasn't completed yet. Whether it's stuck or not, that depends on when you did initiated it. What time did you port your number at?

Your phone number has not been ported yet and any incoming communications are still going to Mobilicity. Contunue using your Mobilicity service until your phone number is transfered.

Need Help? Let's chat.