cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make phone call and can't get into self serve

jflo28770
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I tried making phone calls this morning. I know my account is active since I am receiving text messages like the public mobile text with the 6 digit code to put in.

1st problem: when i try to make a phone call an automated message says "Sorry your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and try again" - but these are all working numbers i am calling and in my same area .

2nd problem: I can not get into my self serve - i put the correct email address and password, i get a message we're just verifying you and send authorization code, I get the code, i put in the correct code, it just takes me back to the same self serve log in and the whole thing again sends me code and back again. How can i check my self serve account if it won't let me in my account?

HELP!

7 REPLIES 7

jflo28770

BKNS27, 

Thanks for your response.

-J

jflo28770

Thanks for your response @LitlLdy. I tried it with a 1 in front of the number i'm calling but was not having luck with it. I did take my sim out of my phone and used another phone which strangely let me make the call. I've now put my sim back in my own phone and now calls are ok. Strange but i'm just glad it's working now.

jflo28770

Hi Korth, 

Thanks for your reply. I did what you said and yes it helped but i had to try different browsers and cleared cache and cookies LoL I truly hope it doesn't happen again though. I've never had that happen before but again thanks for your response.

-J

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@jflo28770 wrote:

I know my account is active since I am receiving text messages like the public mobile text with the 6 digit code to put in.

The 2FA text (all texts from Public Mobile) are sent at no charge with no limit, even when you do not have active service (or remaining text provisions) on your account. You can still receive 2FA texts even if your account is suspended. (There were at least two legacy plans which had limited texting.)

But what you're describing sounds to me like common browser-side issues with the Self-Serve site. You might be able to fix them by closing the Self-Serve page, then clearing caches and cookies, then closing/restarting the browser application, then logging into Self-Serve again.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@jflo28770 

I have the same problem when I tried to login to my account. I have to enter my email and password twice before I can get the 2FA code and login to the account.

There seems to be a problem for some members to call out but try adding 1 in front of the number you want call as stated by @LitlLdy .

@BKNS27 , thank you. I’m glad you responded, that means it’s an issue for some accounts then! I signed into my account fine without issues before I first replied to Ops post & again now! I hope Op submitted a support ticket & reported it.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jflo28770 

I have the same problem when I tried to login to my account. I have to enter my email and password twice before I can get the 2FA code and login to the account.

There seems to be a problem for some members to call out but try adding 1 in front of the number you want call as stated by @LitlLdy .

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@jflo28770 wrote:

Hi I tried making phone calls this morning. I know my account is active since I am receiving text messages like the public mobile text with the 6 digit code to put in.

1st problem: when i try to make a phone call an automated message says "Sorry your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and try again" - but these are all working numbers i am calling and in my same area .

2nd problem: I can not get into my self serve - i put the correct email address and password, i get a message we're just verifying you and send authorization code, I get the code, i put in the correct code, it just takes me back to the same self serve log in and the whole thing again sends me code and back again. How can i check my self serve account if it won't let me in my account?

HELP!

@jflo28770 , are you dialing with a 1 in front of the phone numbers when calling? Are you able to receive incoming phone calls?

Try rebooting your phone & see if that helps.
Is your phone set to 3G or LTE?

Try logging into your account with your browser in private/incognito mode & see if that helps. It works me doing it that way. If not please submit a support ticket to ask CSA for help with your account & service l

Edit:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

• Get help with your service or account by starting a conversation with the virtual assistant, SIMon. It can help you submit a ticket to the Customer Support Agents. Click here to get started and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select the topic that matches your request.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to Customer Support Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.