cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make outband phone call or send text to my wife who got a Bell Canada phone number

pubsha20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have activated my Public Mobile account and chose unlimited Canada wide call & text. However, I am not able to call or send text to my wife who got a phone number with Bell Canada. I kept getting this message when I try to call her " Your call can't be completed as you don't have US roaming add-on". We both live in Saskatoon, SK. I would like to add that I made the switch from Bell Canada to Public mobile.

10 REPLIES 10

@Jazminnie25 wrote:

Has this issue been fixed yet? I'm having the same problem.@

The issue is ongoing and is being investigated.

Yes, @maximum_gato , I replied to another post with the same issues that I had.
I had this happen to me recently also where I could not make outgoing calls. A recording would say something like your call can not be completed due to I do not have a US roaming add-on! I could not receive incoming call's either which they would also hear a recording! It made no sense considering at the time I had not left my apartment in 2 weeks (I was sick in bed in NB, Canada) & I live no where near the US border! I tried all the troubleshooting on my phone, reset network settings, turned phone off & removed SIM card for 20 minutes, put SIM card back in phone, turned phone back on & still same issues even with me manually connecting to the Public Mobile Network on my phone! I had to contact CSA to fix it on their end for my phone service to work again!

Jazminnie25
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Has this issue been fixed yet? I'm having the same problem.@

Jazminnie25

Will do. Filled out a customer service ticket and made a post. Hopefully I hear back soon.

@Jazminnie25   could be a glitch as it is happening to couple subscribers already.  

Please report back once PM support fixes the issue

Jazminnie25

I'm having the same issue and I'm in Fort Qu'Appelle, SK just trying to call my husband visiting his family in Manitoba. We're both no where near US towers

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@pubsha20 

Upon further reading of threads posted earlier today there are other customers reporting this issue. Public mobile is aware of the issue. Contact customer support and they should be able to reset your account/fix the issue according to @LitlLdy who also had this occur.

Submit a ticket via SIMon....

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Or if he runs you in circles send a private message....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@pubsha20 

Hmmm...that is weird as that usually only crops up when you're close enough to the border to connect to a US tower. Is it only your wife 's number with the issue? Strange as this may seem you can remove your Sim card and put it in your wife's phone and try making a call. Then reinsert it in your device and try the call again. Sometimes it's a minor provisioning glitch and that can fix it. Adding a manual payment to your account balance is another way but adding just $1 is not as easy as it used to be with the system requiring a full payment for the next renewal....unless you already have enough or nearly enough to pay for your plan already in your account balance.

pubsha20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Tried everything you mentioned but still the same problem. I kept getting the same message while trying to call her number " Your call can't be completed as you don't have US roaming add-on". Very weird & frustrating.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@pubsha20 

Are you near the border? Go to your settings>>mobile networks>>turn off "automatically select network" and manually choose "Public Mobile". Reboot your phone. Dial your wife's phone number adding (1) to her 10 digit phone number. Report back your result.

Need Help? Let's chat.