cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect

helsinc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I believe I have installed my sim card into my Galaxy s22 correctly but it shows greyed out under Mobile Networks. Under APN it shows as Mobile Internet sp.mb.com and Tethered Mobile isp.mb.com. When I scan for networks I get Telus, Bell, Freedom and Rogers and when I select Telus I get "unable to connect. Try later." Under Data Usage I have turned on Mobile data - access the internet through your mobile network. Sim Card Manager shows SIM1 turned on -unknown unknown number.

I have cleared cache and data and have forced stop in Sim toolkit. Multiple restarts. What should I do next?

6 REPLIES 6

Thanks @dust2dust to confirm that a sim not activated can scan network 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

When I try out a never activated sim I get bars and connected to Telus. When I scan for networks I see Public, Bell, Freedom. Rogers. So how sure are you that this is a Public sim?

Did you in fact go through the activation process?

Or was this a replacement sim for an active account? If so did you use the change sim function?

Adding - when I put in a fully deactivated Telus sim and scan, it finds Telus, Bell, EXT, Freedom.

@esjliv wrote:

Have you activated the public mobile SIM card and chose a plan yet @helsinc ?

If not, you can do that here through the online activation pages: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/portal/activation

@esjliv  really.. if SIM not activated how can scan for network...

@helsinc 

Dial *#06# from your device and Check the Status of Your Device

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Have you activated the public mobile SIM card and chose a plan yet @helsinc ?

If not, you can do that here through the online activation pages: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/portal/activation

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@helsinc  you should see Public Mobile in the neteork list

You can leave the APN aside first as it is more for data connection.   Let's make sure it connects to PM network first.

Try to make sure Nwtwork selection is Automatic and try to  click Reser Network settings.  You should see iit automatically connect to Public Mobile network.    Once connected,  check if you can make calls and receive calls first.  If calls work, then check data connection.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@helsinc 

Need Help? Let's chat.