cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to internet

pkb837
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have $30.00 plan that included unlimited canada wide call, unlimited international text and 500 MB data.

all good but can not connect to data plan (Internet).  What am I missing?  shoult it not be automatic?

5 REPLIES 5

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@pkb837 login to your self serve account and look on the Overview page to see if you have data available to use. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pkb837 wrote:

What am I missing?  shoult it not be automatic?

@pkb837 typically, but there are exceptions.  The data hasn't worked at all yet since activating, right?  If so, we can rule out you having exhausted the 500mb accidentally already.  (It's very easy to burn through 500mb).

What brand and model is your phone?  Many Asus models require manual APN configuration as @will13am noted.  Some older iPhones (4S and older) require a manual workaround we can point you toward.  Newer iPhones need to do a carrier update if nothing else.  Many (most) LG models seem to require a network reset, and if that doesn't work, a factory reset, in order to get data going whenever you change carrires.  There may be other quirks I'm forgetting, but let's start with what model you have and go from there.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@pkb837, your data problems may be due to APN settings not being set properly.  Take a look at the bottom part of this knowledge base for the correct APN settings.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/251824

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Did you turn the data off on your phone?

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pkb837 wrote:

I have $30.00 plan that included unlimited canada wide call, unlimited international text and 500 MB data.

all good but can not connect to data plan (Internet).  What am I missing?  shoult it not be automatic?

@pkb837

Is your setting for data turned on?..also in your self serve does it show you have available data left?

Need Help? Let's chat.