cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change password

loradsousa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Upon entering my email, the website says it cannot verify it. I have logged on the email and confirmed that it is in fact the email that was used to initially setup my Public Mobile account. I want to change my payment method, and have no way of doing this since I'm locked out of my account.

8 REPLIES 8

@Saffeanatural if you know the answer to your secret question and your account email address you can try the forgot password link. Clear your browser history, go to private/ incognito mode and try the forgot password link. If not, use @JoyLuck 's suggestion .

After contacting them, check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Stay safe 

@Saffeanatural 

Please use the chatbot  SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve  your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 2: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 3: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 4: Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 5: Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

Saffeanatural

Hello,

I need help to access my account

How can I change my password?

I can't remember the old password or the account number.

Thank you

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@loradsousa wrote:

Upon entering my email, the website says it cannot verify it. I have logged on the email and confirmed that it is in fact the email that was used to initially setup my Public Mobile account. I want to change my payment method, and have no way of doing this since I'm locked out of my account.

Click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions.

loradsousa

I private messaged a moderator. Hopefully this can be resolved. Thanks for the help.

I just tried it and it worked fine for me. Clear your cache, go into incognito mode if you are able and ensure you are typing your email in properly. If that doesn't work, I think you'll have to contact @CS_Agent .

To contact a moderator, create a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:simon.PNG

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand (e.g. no service, can't send texts, can't call out or no data). Answer Simon's questions until you get here:

Spoiler
supportticket.png

@CS_Agent will respond to your concern through the community's private messaging system, usually within 48 hours.

Watch for this indicator of a private message from a moderator.

privatemsg.png

Alternatively, you may send a private message to moderator through the following link :
Contact @Moderator_Team

About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST; Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

loradsousa

The email has the welcome email and all other emails from Public Mobile. I don't remember the password to the account as I have literally never had the need to sign in before. I'd like to change the credit card that is associated with autopay, as at the moment the only recurring bill associated with the card is this account, and instead have it associated to a card that has the vast majority of my recurring charges (netflix, ooma home phone, internet, etc).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@loradsousa wrote:

So that email inbox has the welcome email?

Are you trying with activate. .. or with selfserve. .. ?

Need Help? Let's chat.