cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't call

Rikuesque
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just bought a SIM card and set it up. I also bought a plan and received a new phone number. I entered my new phone number into my phone but whenever I ask someone to call me it just takes them straight to my voicemail(in which I can't access). I also can't receive any messages for example from twitter(to confirm my new account with sending an SMS). I don't get the message. Is there additional setting up I need to do or?

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Rikuesque wrote:

I just bought a SIM card and set it up. I also bought a plan and received a new phone number. I entered my new phone number into my phone but whenever I ask someone to call me it just takes them straight to my voicemail(in which I can't access). I also can't receive any messages for example from twitter(to confirm my new account with sending an SMS). I don't get the message. Is there additional setting up I need to do or?

@Rikuesque ,

If you just activated yesterday is everything working now after some time has passed?

If still issues, trying going into airplane mode for a few minutes, then back to regular mode.

@Rikuesque 

All your services should be working right away when you choose a new number. Its likely your sim didn't provision correctly upon activation. Contact the moderators by clicking on the chat bubble at the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Type "incomplete activation" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket.

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent issues. Wait times seem to have improved as I waited 10 whole minutes the other day but under an hour is a reasonable expectation.

Keep an eye on your private message box (the envelope icon) next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little bubble to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Rikuesque as @HALIMACS suggested, power off your phone then power back on.

Also check to see if airplane mode and do not disturb mode are turned off. 
On your messaging app, check to see if it is enabled.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Rikuesque....

what's the make /model of phone you are using ?

Are you certain it's unlocked from previous network ?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Rikuesque 

This process sometimes takes just time.

The best advice I can give you is to reboot your phone, remove and replace SIM card, and try resetting network connections.

Need Help? Let's chat.