cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't call out

Fsr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Recently ported my dad's number from Virgin and chose esim for his iPhone 13.

He can receive calls/sms and data works but outgoing calls don't work.

I'm not an iPhone guy and have no idea how to support him, please help

7 REPLIES 7

JesseF
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear the phone wasn't very helpful, but glad you two have him up and running again.

If you have any further issues, the forums will always be open to offer assistance, and you can always speak with an online customer support agent.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

Fsr

No error MSG...

Anyways, he got it works by playing with some settings on the esim

Annoying... 

JesseF

Hi,

In my case, I had to do it as there was a mismatch between my ESIM's displayed number and my actual number, due to it being registered to a different number before I ported in my old one. I'm wondering if something similar could've happened, though it shouldn't interfere with your ability to make calls.

What happens when he tries to make a call? Is there a message displayed on the screen or do you hear an error of some sort?

Fsr

Unfortunately it didn't work after taking sim out and restarting

I don't understand why he would need a new esim, all other features works except outgoing calls

JesseF

My pleasure.

If that doesn't work, he may have to delete the ESIM then buy a new one and activate it. I'm sure support would be willing to offer a credit if that turns out to be necessary. They gave me one after I transferred my number to a new phone, not realizing I would have to buy my ESIM again for my second device.

Good luck!

Fsr

Good point, doubt he's removed the old one, will ask him to try thst. 

Thanks for the quick reply!

JesseF

Hi there,

Just to check, has the sim for Virgin Plus been removed from the phone?

If there are two SIMs on the device, it's possible the iPhone may be trying to use the Virgin Plus sim to make calls, even though it's been deactivated.

Need Help? Let's chat.