cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't call Landlines

Nemesis349
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have 3 phones with Public, and all are in good status, and active. None of them can call a landline, but they can call each other. Is there something wrong with service at the moment?

12 REPLIES 12

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Really shouldn't have to, and that's also dependent on internet connectivity. Our health authority is unreachable still here, and only from Telus customers. There are likely tens of thousands of people in the St. John's area alone that cannot contact emergency services tonight, many with no alternative provider or the knowledge to install some sort of app. Our networks need to have better resiliency than this. 

best option is to have a back up VoIP service like textnow etc. on one's device. 

jor123

I was just told by customer service this could be another 72 hours. 

jor123

There really should be some sort of acknowledgment from Telus/PM about this - hours of zero connectivity to the incumbent teleco here, who also happens to be the one used by emergency services. 

Mickey123

I’m In St. John’s also. Can’t call landline from my cell phone. Also cannot call a Public Mobile cell phone from my Bell landline. 

jor123

Yeah same here. There's been an advisory from central health at least that Telus phones can't reach them 

Nemesis349

Landline is working fine, can call out or get a call no problem

Nemesis349

All three phones are affected...In St. John's. No error code just goes to a fast busy signal. I don't have access to a non-PM phone

jor123

Don't have a landline but seems to be a widespread problem here. I'm in St. John's. 800 km from the affected areas. Emergency services are reporting no connectivity from Telus phones here. 

@jor123 any chance any issue with the hurricane??

can you call that landline from another mobile provider or from your landline?

jor123

I can't call any Bell Aliant landlines either, in NL 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Nemesis349 none of them can call any landline or just one particular one?

What error recording you got?  any error code 

can you call that landline from a non PM cellular phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.