cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access data

CeciliaHilwan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi folks,

I still have some data in both my monthly 250MB data plan as well from 200MB additional data add-on I purchases. Yet my data usage on my mobile stated 0B and can't access the Internet anymore using my data plan. I tried resetting network on my mobile (Android) mobile phone, no use. I opened a ticket and no response yet from Public Mobile. Appreciate any hints/help. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@CeciliaHilwan 

The data usage on your phone is not as accurate as what is listed on your account.

Your data usage on your account will list all your current usage.

Also PM rounds up your minutes eg. 4 minutes 10 seconds will be rounded up to 5 minutes where as your phone will store 4 minutes 10 seconds.

To minimize your data usage is to turn off Cellular Data setting on your phone and turn it on when you need it. 
Also connect to free Shaw Go WiFi, #Telus or free business wifi whenever you can.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@CeciliaHilwan  so you check to see if the data line exists in your self serve account under your My Data and Add-ons section? The section looks like this below. If you have a data line showing then you should be able to use data.

esjliv_0-1601935725902.png

Check that your DATA option is turned on in the settings of your device.

If you do have data left in your current cycle, can you move your SIM card into another phone and see if data works?

You perform a reset of your network settings, okay. Maybe check your APN settings:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles?q=apn

Otherwise, response to the ticket you submitted to see what the status is. If over 48 hours submit another one.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

When was your last renewal?

What your account says? How much available data do you see (if any)?

Need Help? Let's chat.