cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Receive SMS code from WhatsApp

OCJZ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently switched to a different iPhone (same number) and when I attempt to reinstall WhatsApp I keep getting a message from WhatsApp saying that they are unable to send me an SMS message with a 6 digit code. I eventually receive an option to get this code with a call, but when this call comes through they are unable to give me a 6 digit code. WhatsApp says it must be a problem with my provider. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

4 REPLIES 4

OCJZ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your replies everyone, but this has been 2 weeks of retrying this multiple times and I've tried to get the phone call option as well without success. I was able to use WhatsApp on my other phone with the same phone number and I haven't switched providers.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @OCJZ its not PM problem but Whatsapp 

we saw people with that same problem bit resolved itself after one week.  Waif a week and try again

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@OCJZ 

how long you ported your number??

First, do you receive any incoming calls and regular SMS (P2P) from friends?  If so, it is good, at least the porting was completed successfully

For 2FA text or other system generated text (A2P), it is normal for them to start coming later.   Systems take longer to find out you changed provider and to route the text correctly to the new provider (Public Mobile).    Also, financial institutions (banks) or government agencies (e.g, CRA)  put this delay on purpose too to avoid SIM Fraud

Usually they will start coming around the 3rd day after porting but it could take as many as 7 days for all the 2FA/A2P text to come

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@OCJZ 
You can have the 2FA code sent by calling. Just wait until the countdown hits 0 and have it sent by calling.

It has nothing to do with PM but a security with the app.

Need Help? Let's chat.