cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can send text and calls but can't receive them

dashaloll
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I've switched to public mobile for about a week now and I still can't seem to receive texts or calls. Already tried the airplane mode and restart method so not sure what else I can do. The person calling just goes to my old provider's voicemail. I think I saw somewhere about the port being stuck. 
Anything I can do to fix this? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

@dashaloll  the text from your old provider is important for the porting to complete .

Look like because of the port stuck issue, your old provider account is still active.  Make sure you still have the OLD sim.  After you call the porting support number mentioned by @dabr , put the OLD sim in the phone and get ready for the text.  You have 90 mins to do so.

dashaloll
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't think I even got a text like that 😕 
I'll try calling that number and see how it goes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

can you do try reseat the SIM card

1.power off your device

2.take out the SIM card,

3.wipe it clean SIM card,

4.put it back and power on,

5.toggling airplane mode off/on,  

it happened sometime you know, A normal reboot without reset, didn't work. At least try it,

only work after reseating the SIM card.

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit HERE 

or HERE 

for android visit HERE ,

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on.

if you still not working you have to Submit a ticket to customer service by Moderator Team,

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@dashaloll      Yes it does sound like a stuck port.  You can try calling the Telus porting number 1-x.  This number is only for porting related issues. 

Edit:  BTW, did you authorize the transfer from your old carrier which would be sent via text?

Need Help? Let's chat.