cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not make any local calls !!

peterbuilt777
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Unfortunately, I am having an issue this very moment which is unacceptable. It seems to be going around and catching few of us.  I am trying to make urgent local calls, and the line is out of service.  It keeps saying  "sorry we can not complete your call, you don't have an active long distance add-on and this call is not covered by your plan, get an add-on by dialing *611",  I am located in Oakville, Ontario and have been trying to call a local Toronto number.   I have restarted my phone, took out the sim, set my phone on airplane mode, none of these have helped. I am not sure how often this happens, but this is highly unacceptable. If anyone can help, pls message me. 

I am currently on this promotional plan. 

• This plan includes: -
  • - $47 for 4GB Promo
  • - 9 + 3GB BONUS at 4G LTE Speed /90 Days
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk

29 REPLIES 29

henryhung
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It has been working for two days now.

thank you very much

Lukus

I tried to reply to you but I'm getting the following error:  You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.

I havn't sent any other private messages... so not sure what the problem is

Private message went through to moderators after a few mins so scratch that. Thanks.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lukus sounds like you may have an exceptional case.  Please use this link to private message the @CS_Agent for assistance.  Please include your phone number and a description of the issue.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Lukus

Still not resolved, tried rebottoing still getting the same message.

PovertyPanda

Working on the 3 accounts we have. 

Thanks for the information. 

Is there a status page or something that would better alert users of issues?

Aïssata_B
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello everybody,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

We’re terribly sorry to hear that you haven’t been able to place any local calls despite having an active plan. We truly understand the importance of having fully functional services at all times, and we’ll be more than happy to help.

Please note that we were experiencing a network outage affecting multiple users. The issue prevents you from placing local calls although your plan is fully active. At this time, it must be resolved, and you should be able to place a call. I suggest everyone to reboot their device and make a call test.

We sincerely do apologize for this experience and thank you for your understanding and your patience, we really appreciate it.

Please let us know how it goes!

Respectfully,

Aïssata_B

kaneyu

it work right now , thank you so much

srlawren

@LA1 @Survalex @mehtaparas @adeokaran25 @Wisamnn @iharnal @Aeutrina @peterbuilt777 I just heard from the moderators that this was an outage and should be resolved now.  Could you please try again?  If still not working, try rebooting your phone and test again

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@rodrfons @uppalnam @henryhung @dcws87 @PovertyPanda @kaneyu @burger @sjpenner  I just heard from the moderators that this was an outage and should be resolved now.  Could you please try again?  If still not working, try rebooting your phone and test again.

@Gamage as long as your service is working, that is nothing to be alarmed about.  It means you'e on an old plan that is no longer offered, thus "expired".

rodrfons

Same problem here.... in Scarborough

uppalnam

6 hours have passed- NO SERVICE in Mississauga!!!

Horrible Customer Service Public Mobile!!!

henryhung

Same here is London Ontario

uppalnam

The problem is still ongoing- i would like to know When this will be fixed. It has been 4 hours since this is reported. 

Horrible Service.

dcws87

Yes. Right under my 12 GB portion of the plan.

PovertyPanda

I just checked this on 3 of the accounts that my family has with public. Did not see this on any of them.

Gamage

Has anyone else noticed on their self-service page that one of the plan features for their device is  "-expired"?

kaneyu

same problem, please fix it, call in no problem, just call out said need LD addon

Gamage

Having the same issue with all 3 of our sims as well

burger

I can't make any local calls either and get the "sorry you need a long distance plan" message. Very frustrating right now.

I'm in the Ottawa-Gatieau area.

PovertyPanda

I am in the same boat. If you have wifi or a good data connection use Google Hangouts to make a free call.

If it is that urgent you will get it done with that. 

Barrie Orillia area outage for me. 

uppalnam

I am having the same issue- I have to follow up and make urgent call 

This is so  inconvenient and horrible service. 

This should be rectified. 

sjpenner

Same here... I tried the same as others thinking that re-setting the phone and taking out the SIM would help. This is crazy. Need a fix sooner than later!

LA1

My husband and I are also unable to make calls.... has anyone been able to find out what is going on??

Survalex

Same thing here, received a phone call ok though, seems like only the outgoing calls are affected. 

mehtaparas

Having same issue. When will this be fixed?????

adeokaran25

Trying to make urgent calls and same message recording comes up. Pkease help asap

Wisamnn

Same problem with my cell and my wife's phone, I think it is another issue with PM, they should be able to fix it soon.

iharnal

All members of my family are also experiencing same issue since morning today as we all have province wide calling. But, can't even make any local calls including calls to each other either. What's going on?

Aeutrina

This is currently happening to my own phone as well as my girlfriend's.

A quick resolution for this would be nice.

Regards,

Edison

Need Help? Let's chat.