cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can buy add on error ValidateAndUpdateOptions/Provisioning_14

dewolfe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am unable to buy add ons...I have money in my account I get the follwing error.

ValidateAndUpdateOptions/Provisioning_14

please help

29 REPLIES 29

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gord666

There have been several issues with self-serve and the purchase of add-ons recently. It is confusing as it's a two-step process of adding funds and then buying the add-on once the funds show as available in your "available funds".

The system is not working correctly to complete the second part of the process so you have to do one of two things to buy the add-on at the moment:
1) dial 611 and buy the add-on through there
2) send a private message to the moderators using this link: @Moderator_Team, provide them with your name, account number, and an explanation of what you want and they will look into adding it manually for you.

gord666
Can buy add on error ValidateAndUpdateOptions/Provisioning_14

I am unable to buy add ons...I have money in my account I get the follwing error.

please help

gord666

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@brandkwill wrote:

I have in the past been able to buy add-ons no problem, however this time I recieved the same notification. I added money into my account and now I cant spend it on the 1GB addon. Oh, and I've also already bought the 1GB add-on once this cycle.

@brandkwill

As noted above, this is an error that has been occurring recently with many customers.  You can dial 611 to buy the add-on that way (PIN # will be required for verification), or you can click this Moderator_Team link to send a private message for assistance (include your phone number and the details of the add-on you want).

brandkwill

I have in the past been able to buy add-ons no problem, however this time I recieved the same notification. I added money into my account and now I cant spend it on the 1GB addon. Oh, and I've also already bought the 1GB add-on once this cycle.

memaro

you need  to message a Mod they will get it fixed for you, mine got fixed under 24hrs

Mark_S

Been waiting for this issue to be resolved for days and still cannot add data to my plan.

PM has my $30 but I can't get the data.  Any update?  Very frustrated.

@memaro wrote:

Hello I am having the same problem as well, a PM was sent to mods

@CS_Agent

@memaro

You can also dial 611 to activate your add-on.

If you have already sent a pm to the moderator team there is not much more than being patient - they deal with a higher than usual work load and it's lower staffing because of the weekend. They work on a first come first serve basis and will get back to you as soon as they can.

Thanks for your patience!

memaro

Hello I am having the same problem as well, a PM was sent to mods

@CS_Agent

@Shazia_K, @imm1304, @srlawren, @NDesai

Thank you all for shedding some light into this. I felt like I was going crazy - and I definitely don't want to mislead my fellow community members.

@imm1304 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@wetcoaster that's a new one for me--how about you guys, @imm1304, @NDesai@Rockdaddy22?  I suspect it might be a misunderstanding by one of the mods, as I know there has been an add-on purchasing issue going on the past few days.  @rtdubs do you know which moderator you were interacting with? 

The mod must have misunderstood or misspoke.  One can purchase multiple data and long-distance add-ons and it is allowed by design.  I have done so in the past.  This is all probably related to the recent glitch that has broken the add-on purchasing process for some customers.  

So have I, that's were my statement and question came from. Thanks for chiming in @imm1304!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@imm1304

hahah!!! Robot LOL 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

imm1304

@Shazia_K!

Please find attached, the official apology form.  Its not formal until you fill this form Robot wink

f03we.png

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@srlawren

At your service sir!! 🙂 

Unfortunately, there could be a possibility that we told a few customers that this was the cause to this error message, however, that was a misunderstanding. 

Sorry on behalf of all MODS. 

Thank you, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren

@Shazia_K thanks for the [lightning-fast] confirmation!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

imm1304

@srlawren wrote:

@wetcoaster that's a new one for me--how about you guys, @imm1304, @NDesai@Rockdaddy22?  I suspect it might be a misunderstanding by one of the mods, as I know there has been an add-on purchasing issue going on the past few days.  @rtdubs do you know which moderator you were interacting with? 

The mod must have misunderstood or misspoke.  One can purchase multiple data and long-distance add-ons and it is allowed by design.  I have done so in the past.  This is all probably related to the recent glitch that has broken the add-on purchasing process for some customers.  

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@srlawren

You're right! the answer is No and this only applies to US add-ons.

We have an open ticket on this and they are working on a fix. 

Thanks,

Shazia

srlawren

@NDesai pehaps confusion with the US Roaming add-ons, which are not stackable?  It seems a pretty bad misunderstanding, but stranger things have happened.  

Just for fun, let's tag @Mary_M and @Shazia_K to confirm whether or not purchasing the same non-US add-on more than once in a month is known to cause any issues.  I'm pretty sure the answer is "no".

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

Yup, seems like a misunderstanding. 

srlawren

@rtdubs wrote:

The mods were able to quickly fix my issue. Looks like in my case it was because I tried to add the same addon twice in one billing cycle.

Interesting... This is the first time that I read this kind of explanation. To the best of my knowledge Canadian LD and data add-ons are stackable but US roaming add-ons are not. Up to about two weeks ago it was definitely possible to buy more than one data add-on per billing cycle.

@Luddite, @srlawren is there something I'm missing here? Can you confirm either way? If @rtdubs statement is in accordance to official policy / how the system works I think it should be clearly communicated. A) so that I/we can revise my advice to people and b) plan my/our data needs accordingly for higher data needs periods.

According to my add-on page I can still pick multiple (Canada wide) data add-ons. (I'm not going to follow through with the payment right now, though.)

I also find the 2 step buying instructions on the bottom now!

Addon-page.jpg

rtdubs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The mods were able to quickly fix my issue. Looks like in my case it was because I tried to add the same addon twice in one billing cycle.

riffi123

Here is a screenshot with error msg that I am also getting, same as above:

2017-10-26_140001.png

riffi123

Hi.  PM has been sent to the Mod_team.  Please advise.  Thanks.  

riffi123

I am also unable to buy an more data add ons...I have money in my account but I also get the same following error:

please help.

Since I am having same issue. I will now try send a PM to Mod_team.   Please advise.

alsimper

I am having same issue. PM have been sent to Mod_team. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there, 

Thank you for providing is with the requested information. 

I am glad to let you know that I was able to purchase 1GB for data for you. Please, reboot your device before usage. 

I'd like to apologize once again for the inconvenience this situation might have caused you and also let you know that I have sent an escalation to our technical support so they look into this matter. The ticket # for future reference is IN0000013349327. 

I sincerely hope that this issue will be resolved soon enough and that you are now able to use data. 

Thanks a lot for choosing Public Mobile and have yourself a nice day! 

Cheers, 

Noella 

rtdubs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm having the same issue. Hopefully the mod team can help. Screenshot_20171026-081355.png

SD08

@dewolfe

To send a private message as mentioned, click this Moderator_Team link.  Include your phone number.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello dewolfe,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I am sorry to learn that you are unable to buy your add-ons.

Currently, it's a know issue on some customers and in order to better assist you, please send us a Private Message.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Cheers

Abdoulaye

Need Help? Let's chat.