cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Send Texts but I Cannot Receive Them

Michael29
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I can currently send outgoing texts but cannot recieve any incoming texts.
I can make and receive phone calls no problem.

This issue began last night.

I am on auto-pay.

I have restarted and turned off my phone for a few minutes but nothing seems to be working.

Public Mobile - please help!

Cheers,

Michael

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Michael29 wrote:

Thank you to everyone that has responded.

Unfortunately the solution seems to be to wait for a response to my personal message to Public Mobile...very much less than ideal situation as I still have not heard anything.

@Michael29 sorry for the delay in responding.  Yes this is a known issue.  What happens is the add-on expires, but doesn't properly remove itself from your account for up to about 24 hours afterward.  During that "limbo" time period, the system is unable to deliver you any incoming texts.  Worse still, they are gone forever--they do not eventually deliver unfortunately.  And even worse, most people will never even know unless they frequent the community or have been impacted before, or one of their contacts asks why they're not responding.  It's really annoying that 1.5 years after introducing the US Roaming add-ons, this issue still exists.  Inexcusable, actually.

As noted, this should self-resolve within about 24 hours.  Try rebooting today and get someone to text you.  You will probably receive it.  As noted you can contact the moderator team, and they are able to manually remove the expired add-on to short-cut the resolution... ...in most cases.  Unfortunately, they are very backlogged right now with people that had renewal and activation issues due to a software update over the weekend, so the turnaround time will likely be well after the issue has self-resolved anyway.  😞

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Michael29

Thank you to everyone that has responded.

Unfortunately the solution seems to be to wait for a response to my personal message to Public Mobile...very much less than ideal situation as I still have not heard anything.

rleeknichi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently had some issues with my text messaging and found that downloading a different text messaging app seemed to fix my problems, of course that's assuming it's not an issue with the actual text messages being sent to you. 

If you're on an android device try downloading the Android Messages app. It could be a workaround. 

Good luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Michael29, I don't think the system holds text.  If someone knows otherwise, please chime in.

Michael29

Thank you. 

Do you know if the texts that havent been coming through will appear once the bug is removed?

@Michael29 wrote:

Yes I did exactly that.

That plan has since expired and my network switched back to Public as soon as I landed in Canada (last thursday).

Why would the US plan all of a sudden be effecting incoming texts?

We don't know but is a persistent bug. It normally disappears within 48 hours, but needs moderator intervention to clear it sooner. Sending that message is all you can do for now. Robot Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Michael29

Yes I did exactly that.

That plan has since expired and my network switched back to Public as soon as I landed in Canada (last thursday).

Why would the US plan all of a sudden be effecting incoming texts?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Michael29 By chance, did you recently purchase a US Roaming Text add-on (or one of the two bundles that includes it) approx 10 days ago?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Michael29

Yeah - reseating the SIM card unfortunately didnt help.

I have sent a PM to the team and havent gotten a response yet.

Thanks for trying to help - frustrating! 

I've already gotten a few phone calls asking why I am not responding to messages...

dtran3

I feel like there is a problem with their networks right now, as it seems like many people are having sim problems or messaging problems. It may be an overload due to a larger number of people joining from their current $40 deal. Have you tried sending a PM to the mod team?

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Reseating is just taking out your sim from your phone and putting it back in. If it wasn't placed correctly, it could move and some services will not work.

Michael29

How do I reset the sim card?

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Michael29 wrote:

Hi there,

I can currently send outgoing texts but cannot recieve any incoming texts.
I can make and receive phone calls no problem.

This issue began last night.

I am on auto-pay.

I have restarted and turned off my phone for a few minutes but nothing seems to be working.

Public Mobile - please help!

Cheers,

Michael

Did you try reseating the sim card?

Need Help? Let's chat.