cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I switch from a Public Mobile eSIM to a SIM

Giancarlo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a Public Mobile eSIM but really would rather have a SIM.

Exactly how does it work to get one and how does my account get setup on it if I'm already a Public Mobile subscriber?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Giancarlo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ordered a SIM from Amazon and got it in 1 day and changed it in my profile.  So my wife's iphone had issues like carrier not displayed at the status bar, mobile connect 5g not displayed on status "...." was instead and could not send SMS out.  All other functions like data phone calls send/receive and receive SMS worked with eSIM.  After switching to a physical SIM everything now works.  I strongly recommend getting a SIM not eSIM for iphones.

4 days of hellish support before I took a chance with this.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Giancarlo 

It's super easy. Just go purchase a physical SIM card and then log into your account online. Once you're in, go to Profile on the left side of the screen then the next page go to the right side you'll see SIM card and a pencil. Click on pencil and enter new SIM card number. Once you've done that, reboot your phone.

Amazon

Or

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/pick-up-SIM

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Giancarlo 

You will need to purchase a physical SIM card either online or in person at a Telus/Koodo corporate store.  Then via your self service account, under profile section.  You can change the SIM card number to the physical SIM card number.  

Need Help? Let's chat.